Rachel Donohue returns to radio!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dan, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Senior Member Thread Starter

There was a talk about Rachel in thread about the DCC Underground Radio discs.

From ALL ACCESS.COM
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ENTERCOM Classic Rocker KQMT (99-5 THE MOUNTAIN)/DENVER welcomes RAECHEL DONAHUE for nights. DONAHUE, a SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA radio vet, returns to her radio roots after taking time off to produce music-related documentaries. DONAHUE, with her late husband TOM, is best known for starting the FM rock radio scene in SAN FRANCISCO at the legendary KSAN and in LOS ANGELES at KMET.

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member Thread Starter

More from Radio & Records.com

Raechel Donahue Joins KQMT/Denver For Nights

Donahue, the widow of legendary progressive rock PD and air talent Tom Donahue, has returned to radio by accepting the 7pm-midnight shift at the eclectic Classic Rock station known as "The Mountain," which focuses its playlist on gold-based Triple A and songs AOR played back in the 1970s. Donahue says her return to radio after having worked on documentaries for several years was spurred by KQMT's March 2002 launch of a format that mirrors that of the very stations she and her husband launched up to 30 years ago. "I can't believe I'll have a chance to do real radio again," she says. "I listened to The Mountain for one day and knew it was for me." Donahue is best known for her on-air work at Los Angeles AORs KMET and KLOS. She also worked with KIIS/L.A. morning host Rick Dees.

3. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Dan,

Appreciate the update on Rachel Donahue. Wish my receiver could pick up KQMT Denver! Any folks out there in the Rocky Mountain State know anything about this "eclectic" Classic Rock format? Sounds like an oxymoron. Thanks.

Jim W.

4. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

5. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

That's interesting. "The Mountain" eh? I don't recall that station. I'm trying to remember what 95.5 was. I think it was contemporary country most recently. Sounds interesting though, I'll have to take a listen next time I'm down there.

The radio dial's gone nutty countless times in Denver, it's impossible to keep track of the changes.
    Dan C

6. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

From www.100000watts.com

KQMT
    99.5 Format: classic rock "99-5 the Mountain"
    ID: Denver CO
    Owner: Entercom
    Co-owned: KEZW, KOSI, KALC
    Web Site: http://www.995themountain.com/
    Facilities: 1624' 74 kw DA C

Transmitter: 39° 43' 45" N 105° 14' 6" W
    History: Classic hits KKHK "99-5 the Hawk" shifted to rock AC KQMT "99-5 the Mountain" 5/2002.

7. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Hey, cool web site. Yes, "The Hawk", it's all coming back. Loud and annoying TV ads. I can remember them now.
    But that's only the most recent history. It still could've been a country station in the early 90's, but that's ancient history in radio these days.
    Dan C

8. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Check out the great Sunday evening programming "Far Out" and "Little Steven's Underground Garage" (from the KQMT homepage, click the "Music" link). I also notice that their newsguy is Ace Young, another LA FM-radio vet. I guess that's a fact of life in the radio biz, roaming from market to market.

Jim W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.