Radioactive Records psychedelic reissues?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by efhjr, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efhjr

efhjr Idler Wheel Enthusiast Thread Starter

There's an outfit in the UK called Radioactive Records, and they're reissuing on vinyl and CD some interesting collectible psychedelic albums on 180g virgin vinyl made with EMI's 1400 series presses.

So far they've reissued albums by Silver Apples, Gandalf, Jimi Hendrix, and have reissues coming soon of Morgen and Apple.

Has anybody bought/heard any of these pressings? Are they as bad as the Get Back! reissues?

2. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Get "The Common People"!!! The first three songs are one of the greatest onetwothree punches in the etherealpsyche sweepstakes. Sad, floating, with strings that would not sound outta place on either "John Riley" by the Byrds or Scott Walker's third record - (or "Time And A Word" for that matter - think beginning of "Everydays")

MUST HAVE!!!

3. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

The "Morgen" album is a fuzzz monster! Also worth having.
    "The Apple" were responsible for one of the greatest sides in Psych history - "The Otherside"
    "*****" were a great one album Brit psyche-prog group with one album.
    "Gandalf" are New York floaty psyche.

All of these are worth getting - great songs by those that should have made it!

4. efhjr

efhjr Idler Wheel Enthusiast Thread Starter

Yes, English psychedelic is great

Oh, I certainly don't doubt that.

Last night I listened to my copy of "The Great British Psychedelic Trip, Volume 1" CD, released by See For Miles, and grinned from ear to ear. Dang, that's good music. Toby Twirl, Tintern Abbey, The 23rd Turnoff make just the kind of sound I like.

However, I'd hate to spend a bunch of cash on reissues that don't sound good. Get Back!'s vinyl reissues are very noisy, and I'll not buy another. I'm just hoping Radioactive's albums sound better, but I'd like to know before I buy them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.