Radiohead scores it's fourth UK #1 album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tyler, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

I predicted that "Hail to the thief" would debut at #1 in the United States. While the soundscan numbers aren't in yet, Radiohead did grab it's fourth consecutive British #1 album.

From billboard.com (by Paul Sexton)

Radiohead scored its fourth consecutive U.K. No. 1 album yesterday (June 15) as "Hail to the Thief" (Parlophone) went straight to the top of the new chart. It survived a challenge from Annie Lennox's "Bare" (RCA), which entered at No. 3. Meanwhile, Evanescence started a second week at No. 1 on the singles survey with "Bring Me To Life" featuring Paul McCoy (Epic).

The most successful of Radiohead's four British No. 1 albums is its first, 1997's "OK Computer," which logged 75 weeks on the survey. The band also hit the peak with 2000's "Kid A," although that spent only 15 weeks on the chart, and 2001's "Amnesiac," which had a mere 12 weeks. Lennox fails to debut at No. 1 for the first time in her solo career, following 1992's "Diva" and 1995's "Medusa."

2. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

How many did OK Computer sell compared to Kid A and Amnesiac?

Anyone know?

3. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

I think Ok Computer is 4 times platinum in America. Kid A and Amnesiac both went platinum. But I might be wrong! (sorry about the pun).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.