Rambo V (Fall 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by neo123, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

1 is great. The others, at least 2 and 3 (I haven't seen enough of 4) are just mindless popcorn flicks.

Dude111 likes this.
  2. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s

Rambo? Ram-no!

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

my wife and I can't wait!

melstapler and eric777 like this.
  4. Michael

he grew out of it...it happens.

5. Michael

maybe for you, but not for many of us! bring 'em on Sly we'll be waiting and watching! : )

6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I think the latest Rambo came out a few years too early and was under-appreciated compared to the response movies like John Wick and The Expendables got. I think it sent a record for most kills ever. The last half was like the last 10 minutes of Breaking Bad for 45 minutes straight! Stallone even got charged by Australian authorities for bringing steroids into the country for filming.

7. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

Even though I personally feel that the last Rambo film ended the series perfectly, I will still make it a point to see it as soon as it comes out. Months before the last film was released all I heard were jokes and skepticism about the film. The film turned out to be my favorite of the four films.

8. Michael

Indeed #4 BD was excellent...but not the DC which had cuts...listen to no one but yourself...

eric777 likes this.
  9. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

10. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Ah yes Rambo 3,where he helps the Taliban fight the evil Russians.

11. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

Lame ... I'll skip it at the theatre for sure. I liked the idea of "Cowboy Mike."

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    AlmanacZinger likes this.
  12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Big fan of all the movies.

Hopefully Julie Benz will be in it.

Larry Mc and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Mujahideen and Taliban are not the same contrary to popular belief that you have erroneously repeated. Though correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Rambo's goal to rescue Trautman anyway? Mujahideen were mainly a diversion to Rambo's rescue operation (and to kill the person that tortured his friend).

Also the Mujahideen actually fought the Taliban at one point in history, so again not seeing your point at all.

steelinYaThighs and hi_watt like this.
  14. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

The first movie is great although there's no way that anyone would make it like that today. They would never show a cop disrespecting a vet, and they would never depict National Guardsmen as being inept.

15. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I think the movie was of its time, and like Coming Home etc... I think at least had a small hand in changing people's perceptions of vets who fought in a war that didn't have a concise "winner". Like it was their fault that things turned out how they did.

altaeria and Spaghettiows like this.
  16. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Shoulda been a Dakota Pipeline story...

17. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yeah I remember that. That's why his lips were bulging I reckon. Over doing the roids.

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Looks way fitter still than Arnie.

steelinYaThighs likes this.
  19. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

“Tex Rambo!”:D

20. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Stallone was/is taking Jintropin which is a human growth hormone not a steroid. That is what he was busted for when he went to Australia. I don't know why people get misinformation and spread it around like peanut butter.

Lips bulging are a plastic surgery thing. Likely botox paired with the jawline restructure he supposedly had (oops there is me spreading some of my own).

I don't think it is any secret that Stallone has worked his ass off through the years to get in great shape and he posts workout vids all the time. To me he is just a bad ass who happens to be a pretty small framed man. I still wouldn't mess with him!

Humbuster likes this.
  21. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

4 had an extremely satisfying and tasteful ending that wonderfully bookeneded the first film.

...And they're apparently going to muck that all up for this bunkum. There's no way this one can best part 4.

22. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

While I loved 4, I don't think the plot was earth shattering or necessarily what he was about. To me the story was the first one which was about it not being over in regards to the war at home. If a sex trade operation is going on in regards to someone he cares about I think that is absolutely relateable to POW's he rescued who were also treated as sex slaves.

I don't think a man like Rambo will ever be settled, but the steps toward a more normalcy are interesting and I quite like the cowboy aspect. I say bring it on.

23. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I think they should bring back confusing numbering and maybe add a layer of complexity to the title. Perhaps: " Rambo 2: First Blood Part 4 - Chapter of Death 1: Epilogue"

24. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Or how about a prequel/sequel to flashbacks that brings him right up to the moment that he is walking into town where we find out that Rambo really was wrongly accused of killing the sherrif's loved one...or maybe he already came to town to eat and was really just going back for seconds.

ampmods and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

HGH is what I meant.

steelinYaThighs and genesim like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.