Ramones movie to be directed by Martin Scorsese?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dudley Morris, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

And btw Taxi Driver was just as much, if not more so, the result of Paul Schrader's screen play then Scorcece's direction. And it was a piece of fiction. He had a lot of creative leeway. That isn't the case with a movie about the Ramones imo.

2. crimpies

crimpies Forum Resident

Reeks of hype, bet he's an executive producer, not directing the thing.

3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Yes, he's notorious on Doors forums for that. He opened a pre-order for a $100 Doors L.A. Woman box set that didn't exist, then had to refund all of the pre-orders when he/The Doors/Rhino decided no to go through with it.

4. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Does he have to screw up everybody's legacy? Marty, leave R+R alone please. Go remake Box Car Bertha or assemble some outtakes from Woodstock or something....

5. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Right on.

I am a huge Ramones fan, and I don't see anything possibly good coming out of this.
    Except tarnishing what is now a well earned posthumous artistic validation in the mainstream media and in modern pop culture.

Taking that found performance footage and trying to produce a new documentary that is at least as good as the excellent End Of The Century would be a far more worthy endeavor IMO.

Mark Nelson likes this.
  6. Forgive me for posting this on a thread that's been inactive for nearly 2 years.

But Giuseppe Andrews has GOT to play Dee Dee.
    [​IMG]

xdawg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.