Ramones: Raw - DVD on the way 9/28/04

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ceddy10165, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll Thread Starter

http://www.image-entertainment.com/image/ies/home.jsp

http://www.image-entertainment.com/image/ies/control.jsp

CD Universe has this title for $13.99 ("Rock and Roll Highschool" is $10.99!)

Ramones: Raw (Special Edition) (DVD)
    Year: 2004
    Length: 105 minutes
    Rating: Not Rated
    MSRP: $ 19.99 Status: Active
    Release Date: 9/28/2004
    Pre-Order Date: 8/17/2004
    Studio: Image
    Catalog Number: ID2278RMDVD
    UPC: 014381227826
    Additional graphics
    Main Genre: Music
    Sub Genre: Punk

Actors/Artists:
    Director:

Synopsis: Hey, Ho, Let's Go! It's the world-famous Ramones in their first officially authorized DVD! The Definitive Ramons DVD Containing Over 5 Hours of Material! Climb in the van, buckle up and hang on tight to experience life on the road with the founding fathers of punk rock, The Ramones! The band that started it all stars in this comprehensive video scrapbook containing over 5 hours of rare material spanning the Ramones' history-making career (circa 1979-1996), most of which is seen here exclusively for the first time anywhere! Vintage concert footage (shot on film in 1980, archived and nearly forgotten for over 20 years), rare TV appearances, backstage footage and lots more are set within the core: a plethora of home video from the Ramones' personal archives. This exclusive fly-on-the-wall opportunity is the next best thing to actually being in the band! Featuring an eclectic mix of celebrity guests including The Doors' Robby Krieger performing live with the Ramones, Eddie Vedder, Carly Simon, Gilbert Gottfried, "Grandpa" Al Lewis (of TV's The Munsters), Bono & U2, Debbie Harry and many more! See why the Ramones have stood the test of time with their simple yet immortal brand of music that's influenced generations the world over. From their humble NYC beginnings at CBGB's to induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Ramones have done it all. Now you'll feel like you're right there with them the whole time with one of the most important bands to break ground since the Beatles led the British Invasion! Don't miss the world-famous Ramones in their first officially authorized DVD: Ramones Raw! Featuring 21 vintage live performances of Ramones classics including "Blitzkrieg Bop," "I Wanna Be Sedated," rare gems like "I Can't Make It on Time" and more! Songs include: Blitzkrieg Bop, Teenage Lobotomy, Today Your Love Tomorrow the World, Rockaway Beach, Touring, Apeman Hop, 53rd and 3rd, Cretin Hop, I Wanna Be Sedated, I Don't Want You, Judy Is a Punk, I Can't Make It on Time, Do You Remember Rock and Roll Radio, I Just Wanna Have Something to Do, Rock and Roll Radio, Pinhead, Take It as It Comes, She's the One, Sheena Is a Punk Rocker, I Don't Want to Grow Up, R.A.M.O.N.E.S.
    Product Features:
    Audio Format: Stereo
    Screen Format: Full Frame
    16x9: No
    Color: Color
    Region Code: Region 1 & 4
    Original Languages: English
    English Dubbed: No
    Other Languages: None
    Subtitles: None
    Special Features:
    Featuring Audio Commentary; 9 TV Appearances; 18 Deleted Scenes; 12 Easter Eggs; 1 Full-length Bonus Program (approx. 28 Min.)

2. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Looking forward to it. I hope End Of The Century makes it to DVD in fairly short order, too.

I believe a truncated version of Ramones Raw was recently shown on cable, did anyone catch it?

3. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

This one is a must. In light of what has happened recently it will be a nice tribute to Joey, Dee Dee, and Johnny.

4. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll Thread Starter

if you're a Ramones fan you probably got this already, but if not. it is a great DVD and a great value for the price. while it is not "definitive" as it states (it doesn't include the music videos), it is a wonderful tribute to the band that saved rocknroll. If you ave ever seen "Around the World" it is basically a slicker version of that, filled out with more musical content. There is some jaw dropping 70s footage on it, that is worth the asking price alone. hey ho, let's go!!! :edthumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.