Rare LPs STILL not Reissued on CD..What are YOUR Favorites?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr_mjb1960, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Fallout issue of The Flame is a pirate and a needledrop from the original vinyl.

2. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

<<<-----My avatar

3. mrogers

mrogers Forum Resident

There are several I'd like to see out on CD and add another vote for the Buckingham Nicks album. I have vinyl of these but no longer have a turntable so it's been over a decade since I've heard these:

Michael Perlitch - Keyboard Tales
    Tommy Keene - Strange Alliance
    Let Them Eat Jellybeans - VA on Alternative Tentacles
    The Dream Syndicate - Down There EP, Medicine Show LP, Out of the Grey LP, and Live LP
    Maureen Tucker - Too Shy EP

These are all on IRS and I'd read somewhere where there were licensing issues to release anything from that label (besides the Fleshtones, Klark Kent springs to mind):

Fleshtones - Up Front EP, Roman Gods LP, Live In Paris '85 LP
    Peter Zaremba - Delegation

Joe King Carrasco and The Crowns = debut LP on Stiff Records
    The Neon Boys (Richard Hell and Tom Verlaine) - Don't Die Time (English import EP)

4. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Aaronfirebrand, Pleasures of the Harbor had been on CD by Collector's Choice Music but it is out of print and goes for big bucks.

5. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

The Hassels-Hour Of The Wolf.It's sitting on a shelf at Capitol,all ready to go (with bonus tracks!).Cancelled after the first Hassels was released,then withdrawn....

6. Squeeze by the Velvet Underground (Doug Yule) would be nice to hear on a legitimate release along with The Commercial Zone.

7. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member

That seems to be Fallout's stock in trade. My needledrop of Fraser & DeBolt's LP is much better than Fallout's release.
    I doubt if the artists ever see a dime from Fallout, either.

8. Mughulla

Mughulla Active Member

+1

9. Leigh

Leigh https://orf.media

Wilderness Road, Sold For The Prevention Of Disease Only.
    Their first album too.

10. Mughulla

Mughulla Active Member

All 3 of these are available on CD (I have them all). OOTG was reissued about 10 years ago with 5 or 6 bonus tracks...I doubt it's that hard to find. I do know that Medicine Show goes for big bucks on Ebay.

11. aaronfirebrand

I think you meant this for Jay F, Brad. I'm aware of the CC release, but have no interest in it at current prices. I only mentioned Ochs' F&F because Jay F said he "could use a nice Phil Ochs box set". But I do think Phil's catalogue should be available at all times. I'd go for the collected works anytime.

12. Mughulla

Mughulla Active Member

+1
    +1

I have surprisingly good needle drops of both albums, plus the single by The Wicker Men (The Rings minus Michael Baker).

I'd like the Atlantics "Big City Rock" on CD as well.

13. There's a number of Johnny Cash albums from the 1970's that aren't on CD including:

Junkie and the Juicehead Minus Me
    One Piece at a Time
    A Thing Called Love
    I Walk The Line (soundtrack LP)

Calling Bear Family...

14. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

There are many great albums that have not been out on CD. Some I can think of off the top of my head that I would love to get:

Andrew Leigh - Magician

Ar Skloferian - Sklof

Ian A. Anderson - all of the early ones, Book of Changes, Vulture is Not a Bird You can Trust, etc. Only Stereo Death has come out on CD

Far too many to list.

15. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

[​IMG]

You woulda thunk that Collector's Choice could have reissued/remastered this on a two-fer with the first album...but noooooooooooo. It was too difficult to do. :realmad: :thumbsdn:

Also:

[​IMG]

^ Luckily I have a good needledrop.

[​IMG]

^ I have a needledrop which is nice but the album was mastered lousy. (Violinski's second album)

16. jpbarn

jpbarn Forum Resident

There are a few more, 5 or 6 I think.
    The "i walk the line" soundtrack was paired with Little Fauss & Big Halsey (by Bear Family!)

17. Faceman

Faceman Forum Resident

Your My EX The Sex Execs

18. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

The Jayhawks (1986)

[​IMG]

19. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

You know, if I hadn't actually owned a copy, I'd agree with you. Having owned it for many years, I now have no interest. Blue Earth is so many miles better than this, it's hard to believe they were the same band.

20. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

You and me both!:cheers:

21. doowop365

doowop365 …and Spaghetti

It's all about "bubblegum" and "power pop" for me:

Lancelot Link & The Evolution Revolution
    The Cattanooga Cats - "Original Music From Cattanooga Cats"
    Marshmallow Way - "Marshmallow Way"
    The Sugar Bears - "Presenting The Sugar Bears"
    The Hardy Boys - (How about a 2fer?) "Here Come The Hardy Boys" and "Wheels"
    The Late Show - "Portable Pop"
    The Keys - "The Keys Album

Would love to see any of these on cd...
    Jon O.

22. davers

davers Forum Resident

I have the "My Desire" cd, which was issued by the Portland label Burnside Music. However, the cd referenced in my earlier post just came out in the past year. It's simply called "Johnny & The Distractions". I picked it up at Millenium Music in Portland, Ore, which I believe also runs the Burnside Music label. Unfortunately, the information in the cd insert is pretty slim, thus my uncertainty about who actually issued this version.

23. aaronfirebrand

What's the tracklisting?

24. GMav

GMav Senior Member

I figured it might be. Interesting how a legitimate, reputable company like CD Universe would release a pirated recording, and not get themselves in trouble for doing so? :confused:

25. davers

davers Forum Resident

Guys Like Me, Shoulder Of The Road, Rock Me Tonight, Complicated Now, Octane Twilight, Forever, Rosie, Let It Rock, Angela, One Room Apartment, In The Street, My Desire, City Of Angels, Broken Heart, Break These Chains, Shoulder Of The Road.

The songs vary back and forth as to which album they are lifted from, with about a 50-50 split.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.