Rare mono Sgt. Pepper's UK LP for sale on eBay

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris R, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

On the Side 2 label, there is no track 6, "A Day In The Life". This eBay auction is currently at ₤440.00 / $733.00 U.S. / $975.00 Canadian.

Ouch!

Cool label though, but is it worth a thousand dollars? :rolleyes:

For that money I could buy a UK or Japanese mono Beatles LP box and still have change left over for some mono UK Stones LPs. :)

Attached Files:

2. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

Hi Mike,
    I wonder how many of these were pressed? I've never seen or heard about this before. There sure is a lot of undocumented Beatles stuff around, isn't there? The labels sure look beautiful.

3. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Is the LP listed as "STUNNING"? :laugh:

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Mr. Stunning presses this stuff in his basement.

mud-:D

5. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

PMC 7027. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Black & Yellow Parlophone without 'A Day In The Life' track credit.
    A look through recent adverts in the rear of Record Collector over the last few months will show how rarely this variation of Sgt. Peppers' crops up. Probably it came about as a result of a typographic mistake on one batch of labels, our myopic typographer probably saw 'Reprise' and assumed that nothing followed a reprise. We have never found one in a 'psych' sleeve, only the white 'Patent's Pending' bag, first used for Revolver. As the 'psych' bag had been discontinued by the beginning of 1968, it is safe to assume that these rarities were pressed later in 1968 and no, a stereo version does not exist. Having had several thousand mono Sgt. Pepper's pass through our hands over the years, we can honestly state that no more than half a dozen have been without 'A Day In The Life' song credit, so it's rarity value is not to be doubted. Estimated value between 250GBP and 350 GBP.
    http://www.goodhumour.co.uk/aupage4.htm

6. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Miike, if you know a mono box going for that price (especially Japanese) let me.... :)

Todd

7. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Re: Re: Rare mono Sgt. Pepper's UK LP for sale on eBay

I stand corrected Todd. Had some idea of how rare the Japanese mono box is, but wasn't sure of the price.

This one sold for $1626.00 U.S.

If I find one for under $1000. U.S., I'll be sure to tell you about it...after I buy it. :D

8. Todd Fredericks

Re: Re: Re: Rare mono Sgt. Pepper's UK LP for sale on eBay

Damn, I was hoping you would say something like you a few stacks of them in a closet and below 1k is what you usually part with them for. Drats!! :(

9. Joe Koz

Did you notice the postage? From Japan to the U.S. is $60.00, Wow!!!

10. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Todd,

heres a UK mono box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3354435777&category=432

Sadly it's way above $1000. (I paid $1200 for mine, mint and worth every penny)

If you do buy one of these I would advise getting some NAGAOKA style sleeves, as those early 80's EMI paper sleeves cling to the LPs like they are stuck together with especially scratchy glue. (they just don't wanna let go!!)

Regards

JJ

11. Todd Fredericks

Ouch, biggie money! guess I'll have to keep turning in my soda cans for deposits to save. :)

12. Tim Casey

Tim Casey Active Member

U.K mono box $99 at my local record store. Thought it cost too much, turned it down.

(P.S. that was in 1983....)

13. Todd Fredericks

Ouch, little money!

14. Joe Koz

Who knew!!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.