"Raw" - 2016 French/Belgian horror film

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rocker, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member Thread Starter

Raw (2016/II)
    Raw (film) - Wikipedia

Anyone had a chance to see this yet? Apparently it created quite a stir when it was initially shown at film festivals... there were numerous reports of people fainting, vomiting, and leaving the theater! :eek:

It's been a while since I've heard of a film causing this kind of reaction from the audience... and being a huge horror-film buff, this seems like it's right up my alley! Unfortunately, there's been no Blu-ray/DVD release yet, and it's not on Netflix either, so I guess I'll have to wait a while before I can see it.

[​IMG]

junk likes this.
  2. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Yep, I've been patiently waiting to see it.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Just watched it. A nicely made film. Quirky and weird in a fun way. I don't think it's horrible in the way you're looking for, it's not one of those violent, horrific gross out horror movies, but there is quite a bit of blood and flesh. But the whole effect is tempered by a soft likeable heroine and a school daze setting. Naturally it's French/Belgian so a main focus is supple 18-year old girls running around. Quite frankly, it's one of the most restrained horror films I've seen. I liked it.

4. townsend

townsend Senior Member

It came briefly to the Angelika Film Center in Dallas, and though I was curious, I didn't go see it. Looked interesting.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  5. woody

woody Forum Resident

It's on Netflix now. I thought it was good.

6. Rocker

It was also released on DVD last month.... there doesn't appear to be a Blu-ray version available, though.

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Great score.
    Couldn't make head or tail out of the trailer.

8. Rocker

Finally watched this. Good film, but....

All that stuff about audience members fainting, vomiting, and leaving the theatre just continues to support my belief that most people are massive p**sies when it comes to horror flicks. This movie could be shown during Sesame Street compared to some of the other films I've watched in my time. Sure, there are a few scenes with a little bit of gore, but nothing that a seasoned horror veteran would even bat an eyelid at. I kept waiting to be shocking or horrified, but as usual, it never happened. Should've known better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.