Ray Charles Question For Steve

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ED in NY, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ED in NY

ED in NY New Member Thread Starter

In a former thread we talked about the Ray Charles "Uh-Huh" set and it's differences from the individual Greatest Hits CD's. What I'm wondering is that I've seen the Uh Huh set with 2 different covers: 1 with Ray sitting at the piano surrounded by 3 females and 1 with just Ray on the cover with an orange background. Is there any difference between the 2 sets ? I have the 2 individual Greatest Hits CD's and have the Uh-Huh set on the way (courtesy of Half.com) and I am looking forward to comparing the 2 versions. Anything in particular I should be listening for that will be noticeably different ?

Thanks Much ! -Ed

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Both versions of "Uh Huh" are exactly the same. The cover was changed when the "Uh Huh" commercial went off the air..

3. ED in NY

Thanks Steve ! I'm curious to hear the Uh-Huh versions in comparison to the other 2 CD's and see what differences I can find. I have the aluminum and gold versions of the other titles and the difference in those are quite remarkable, esp. " Ray Charles & Betty Carter". Either way I'm happier with the DCC titles than most of the Rhino titles.

Best Regards - Ed

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Ed, I totally misread your question, sorry.

Yes, you'll have fun comparing the differences between the "Uh Huh" versions and the old "Greatest Hits" versions. But you have to tell US what YOU hear! :)

5. ED in NY

Hi Steve ! You got a deal ! I'll put my ear(s) to the test and see what I come up with ! I'm looking forward to hearing this set so hopefully in a week or so I'll be back here with my findings. I'm especially curious to hear your version of What'd I Say in comparison to my Atlantic / Rhino version.

Best Regards - Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.