Re-remastering

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

I was just reading the AC/DC thread and I have decided to boycott purchasing any re-remastering of CD's unless it has significant amount of worthy bonus tracks of a band that I'm really into. When these CD's get re-remastered, they sound like reprocessed crap most of the time. It's a waste of money in my book. DVD Audios and SACDS are a different animal so I'm not including these in my rant. These record comapnies are not going to suck anymore $$ out of me for re-remasters. The AC/DC Atlantic remasters are fine, granted post Flick Of The Switch-on need to be remastered (Who Made Who sounds horrendous). And re-remastered greatest hits?! That new INXS greatest hits is useless. The mid 90's one sounds great & has better tracks. I think in the early-mid 90's most remastering jobs sound pretty good (i.e Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, etc.). It was before everything got really LOUD, compressed, & digitized. This new remastering era is scaring me with the LOUDNESS & compression on everything. We have volume control on our stereos. I think they forget that. I know record companies want to keep re-releasing the catalogs to boost record sales but just do it right ONE time. I'm all for remastering something once but not 2 or 3 times! How many Yes, Foreigner, AC/DC remasters do we need?! It seems like the more they remaster something the worse it sounds.

2. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Hi bartels,

Welcome to the forum. You have observed what many of us have. Most modern re-masters are lousy.

The more of us who feel this way, the more we might be able to do.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.