Real Time Click Repair MiniPC Setup

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by krisbee, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muckyfingers

muckyfingers Forum Resident

You can paste this into notepad, adjust the program directory address as needed and the sleep time, then change the file extension to ".ahk". The sleep time (in milliseconds, so 6000 is equal to 6 seconds, is the amount of time it takes for ClickRepairRT to launch and be ready for the "spacebar" command to be sent, which mimics clicking on the start button. Then just drop it into your start up folder to auto launch when you boot up the computer.

Run, C:\Program Files\ClickRepair\ClickRepairRT.exe
    Sleep, 6000
    Send, {SPACE}

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  2. baldyman

baldyman Member

That easy? I'm almost embarrassed to have asked about this when I look at it. Thanks a bunch. Now I'm off to try sort this out and hook up the Atom thingy to my old Lenco. I'm using a Dynavox RIIA connected to an Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 soundcard and it didn't sound bad at all, I was actually very surprised.

3. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

Can somebody please point me to a link for this download archive? I'd very much like to download the 2015 version.

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

PM'ed you.

TarnishedEars likes this.
  5. Philip66

Philip66 New Member

Hi Strat-Mangler. I wanted to PM you with the same request as TarnishedEars for the 2015 version but can't seem to by left or right clicking your name. I registered here 2 0r 3 years ago but this is my first post.
    Please PM me or advise me how to PM you. Many thanks.

6. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Not sure why, but I’d never got round to adding this version, simply dropped it in the dir and bingo! Thanks for the link!

7. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

You can now buy this exact same thing, only it's in a box called "Sugarcube" and costs an arm.

8. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

I’ve followed that for a long time, but once they said it was over £1500 it was quickly ruled out.

Robert C likes this.
  9. It’s been on the market for a while. The algorithms it uses were developed by the company (SweetVinyl). I’ve talked to the company. The box is not exactly cheap, but it is more than just a custom PC—it has hardware controls and is a completely plug and play solution.

10. Strat-Mangler

Exactly.

Depends on what your focus is on. Some want a STB solution. If you can swing it, great. Others who don't have the financial resources to splurge on such a product can opt for a solution at a fraction of the cost which, while not as elegant and not as sophisticated in its de-clicking algorithms, can provide as close an experience for most to be satisfied with the result.

Billy Budapest and krisbee like this.
  11. ThinWhiteDuke

ThinWhiteDuke Forum Resident

@Strat-Mangler

Just a thought the STB / OOB solution does seem quite expensive at first but if I'm honest more than once in my life I've tried to save a few bucks only to cobble together a poor quality solution costing the same or more than than the professional solution!

$1,500USD doesn't take too long to justify when you include the cost of a DAC, a Laptop/PC, the O/S, the cost of RTC license and the labour to put it all together.

I'm at the stage of wanting a nice 430mm/17" pc case to put a solution in so it looks nice in my stack rather than keep using my laptop and looking for an HTPC the Moneual case alone is $274 or $234 for the Silverstone LC16m case (a similar model).

I'd suggest that in terms of overall investment the true cost of the RTCR is actually much more expensive it's just that most of us have a few of the components already in the house.

Once you want to put it with all your other audio gear however the costs come creeping back in.

12. Strat-Mangler

It's a fair point but in my case, I have everything already set up with spare parts I had and I don't personally care what it looks like. For my uses, it'd be fine. I say "it would" because my current amp doesn't have a tape loop so I haven't been using it since August but if I ever switch to one with a tape loop, I just might reintroduce it into my system.

Truth be told, I don't need it for 99% of my LPs since I buy new or NM only but there's the odd duck. :D

13. ThinWhiteDuke

ThinWhiteDuke Forum Resident

I've been using mine with an RCA to USB DAC coming out of my graphics equaliser to my laptop and back in again. I do like the simple press on my amp to be able to pass it through the graphics equaliser and RTCR on my mac air or not for simple (though delayed) rice-krispie removal comparison :D

Plus the equaliser allows me to adjust the softness that the RTCR software seems to introduce.

14. FrankieP

FrankieP Forum Resident

Kinda late in the game but happy to report that I was finally able to get 24bit 96kHz with my Macbook Pro and an H2 Design Miyo USB audio interface. Did a quick album drop and ClickRepairRT 1.4.3 performed/behaved very well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. revenge72

revenge72 Well-Known Member

Hello my name is Fabio and I write from Italy.
    I followed this discussion with great interest.
    I can not define myself as a foudamentalist audiophile :D so I share the spirit and the purpose with which the mini PC has been assembled and I would like to build one like it.
    The main problem I met is the inability to find Clickrepair RT, I have already used the updated version (not RT) with pleasure.
    Do you have any advice or solution?

16. krisbee

krisbee Forum Resident Thread Starter

In this thread are links to the last version of ClickRepairRT that was available.

Here is the wayback archive of the site with the downloads: http://web.archive.org/web/20160605....net/software_download/downloads_general.html

17. revenge72

I had already tried with web archive but it seemed to me that the archive has some broken links
    Anyway yesterday I found a working copy in the archive (older version dated 2013 fully working).
    Thank you for your answer.

18. mike.

mike. Forum Resident

Hey guys, this is really cool. What is the most recent version of the ClickRepairRT? It seems the latest I can find is the v1.3. Thanks!

I have the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and it works great!

19. revenge72

Is the same version i found, if you see the screen capture by FrankieP, he has the version 1.4.3
    The version 1.3 is fully working but in the "Main Controls" section there are no numeric refereces to the DeClick value.
    I have tried ClickRepairRT 1.3 with a Creative Live! 24bit USB, it was impossible to select the depth of 24 bit (is a common issue with that audio interface)
    In this first istance, using 16 bit 96 KHz I found the result a little softer than the straight connection to the amplifier, but I have to say I used the Tosklink output of the usb card connected to my old AV Receiver Marantz.
    This evening I will try my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

20. mike.

mike. Forum Resident

I was wondering if you can only unlock 24-bit after purchasing a license? I'm currently using the trial and am only to get 16/24...

21. krisbee

krisbee Forum Resident Thread Starter

I never could get the 24 bit to work...

22. FrankieP

FrankieP Forum Resident

You can only get 24bit on a Mac only. Windows is limited to 16bit 96k. Has to do with Java if i’m not mistaken.

23. mike.

mike. Forum Resident

I meant 16/96 in my last reply. Bummer no 24 bit on PC...

24. revenge72

I solved the softness issue ( caused by a default preset on the soundcard ). The silence between the tracks is now amazing and the Clickrepair RT is completely trasparent to the signal.
    I am not scared to use 16 bits, the LP records have an actual dynamic range around 13 bits ( signal to noise ratio around 80 dB) and even sampling rates higher than 44.1/48 KHz are really not useful as my loudspeakers can not reproduce ultrasonic frequencies (I measured it) and my ears I can barely perceive frequencies over 17 KHz ( I am 47 yo ).

Machiventa likes this.
  25. mike.

mike. Forum Resident

Interesting info. That's good to know. Makes me feel better about running 16 bit.

Obviously there is the issue of no longer running a completely analog signal path. I'm thinking about doing some A/B comparisons with and without the software in the signal path.

Not sure how the algorithm works, but I would assume that there must be some kind of degradation, especially to the very high frequencies such as cymbals, to the signal? If that's NOT the case, I will definitely build up a dedicated mini PC to run the software in the background, running a passive switch to have a quick, easy method of bringing the software in and out of the signal path.

I wonder if an older mac mini would run this software?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.