¿Really am I recording to 24/96 khz?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Lexfer, Jun 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexfer

Lexfer Well-Known Member Thread Starter

In the transfer of my vinyl to the pc card used the audio Fast Track Pro recording at 48Khz (the Fast Track pro, you can register to the 96, but can not reproduce the audio at the same time ... so you can record, but I don't hear anything ..) to record used the Adobe Audition CC configuration with the floating 32-bit / 96 Khz.

The question is ¿ what really i will be recording at 96 khz when my dedicated card is only configured to do so in 48 Khz?

2. Jim G.

Jim G. Geezer with a nice stereo!

Try it and see what you get. Probably 48Khz. Why not record at 96? do you really need to monitor?

3. Lexfer

Lexfer Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Fast Track Pro recording at 48Khz (the Fast Track pro, you can register to the 96, but can not reproduce the audio at the same time ... so you can record, but I don't hear anything ..)

If the files are displayed as 96000 Hz and thought that perhaps these 96 Hz were "false" as in the case of the 32-bit floating that has in fact always will be 24-bit real. What I don't understand is because we care for audio cards or DAC that recorded at high resolutions if a software like Adobe Audition can be done perfectly.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.