Reboot of old Leonard Nimoy show "In Search of"....with Zachary Quinto as host

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by soundboy, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Did we seriously wait all these years for an actor who could so eerily capture Spock...just to stick him in any old role Nimoy had? Is that the only thing they can think to do with him?

Maybe he can direct a revival ofTwo Men and a Baby while you're at it...now that we got us a new "Thomas Magnum" and all...:rolleyes:

Allen Michael likes this.
  4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Oh dear! That show was horrible and a travesty of everything scientific. Barf!

wayneklein and ssmith3046 like this.
  5. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Would much rather see him reprise Dr. Thredson but I'll check this out when it airs.

[​IMG]

6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'll be sure and miss this.

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Let me guess..............first sow will be Amelia Earhart, second show will be Jimmy Hoffa, later will come Michael Rockefeller

Hall Cat likes this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I thought he was a popular actor? This is an end of career kind of show.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  9. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Is he going to be in his Star Trek costume?

10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

If this is true, what a waste of a talented actor.

11. Drew

Drew Senior Member

With every episode he'll absorb new powers.

Vidiot and rd1 like this.
  12. May the force be with him.

ianuaditis and neo123 like this.
  13. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

But without the pioneering "greatness" of "In Search Of", we wouldn't now have the likes of "Ancient Aliens," "Finding Bigfoot," "The Curse of Oak Island," "Hunting Hitler," etc. flooding the channels with unscientific conjecture based on nonexistent clues, hearsay, shaky/grainy videos, etc. Not to mention the so-called experts who spew the garbage like it is fact while neglecting any real scientific evidence that goes against their beliefs.

I admit, as a kid, I did watch "In Search Of" and was entertained by it before really knowing what real science was about. But shows like "Ancient Aliens" and their so-called "experts" are an embarrassment to science.

If this new "In Search Of" follows the same path as these newer shows, I won't be watching. Hopefully they use real scientific evidence and real experts in the various fields in each of their shows to get their point across instead of using crackpots like Erich Von Daniken and Crazy Hair Guy (who don't even have science degrees.)

[​IMG]

14. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I sure hope they solve the mystery of the Bermuda triangle this time.

Hall Cat, DaveySR, Gaslight and 3 others like this.
  15. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I should hope that if they revisit this series, they'd tighten up the quality of the research significantly, but I still think it's geeky to put Quinto in the role. I presume that the Star Trek movie franchise is finished with the poor performance of the last movie, so I'm puzzled that he'd want to be seen as aping Leonard Nimoy so closely.

16. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Barry Manilow solved the mystery of The Bermuda Triangle. He revealed why people who go to there disappear in this song:

17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I guess if they paid me $150,000 a week to do five minutes of intro, I'd do it. IN A HEARTBEAT! It's just the logical thing to do!

18. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

What's next? Chris Pine hosting a reboot of "Rescue 911"??

jwoverho, MikeInFla and MekkaGodzilla like this.
  19. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

He's starring on Broadway in a revival of "Boys In The Band" so I'd say he still has a career.

20. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

No no. He's in line for the T.J. Hooker reboot.

Miller92473, MikeInFla, Shawn and 2 others like this.
  21. digdug67

digdug67 Hockley's Hits Here!

I loved In Search Of when I was a kid! But these reboots rarely turn out well.

22. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Great news.

23. Indeed, there's good money in doing these sorts of things and not much work needed. I'm reminded of when Vincent Price did all of his bits for the short-lived kids' show The Hilarious House of Frightenstein in less than a week for $13,000 (in 1971 dollars, around $80k today).

guppy270 and Veggie Boy like this.
  24. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

Wouldn't this basically be a retread of all those crackpot "alternative history" shows on cable?

Will the episodes on aliens feature the big hair guy?

I can't see them producing anything anyone would consider credible.

I bet every script will be culled from "research" from Youtube videos.

25. JWew

JWew Currently thinking of a clever Custom Title...

"In Search Of..." is awesome (the dvd box set is fun to watch)! However, I also doubt they can recapture the magic of the original (will be great if they can though) - especially in this age of overbearing internet snark and arrogance pelting it on all sides - seriously, the "internet" should just be called "sausage party" because it's filled with di*ks (and that's just from the science community who think their **** doesn't stink...Memo to scientists everywhere: if you think you already know everything, then you'll never learn/discover anything new). I do like Michio Kaku though - he actually seems to have an open mind with none of the arrogance.

"In Search Of...", and other similar shows, are, for me, just fun to watch - who the heck cares what is and isn't real? - it's not being shown in an educational forum for scholastic credit for pete's sake. I also love the magazine Atlantis Rising because the stories, for me, are fun to read. I look at it this way - if we're all sitting around the campfire telling fun ghost stories, do you really want some arrogant, condescending, a-hole coming around at the end listing all the reasons why those fun stories had no scientific validity? - heck no! (I'd kick that little stick-in-the-mud into the campfire).
    Why can't life just have a little bit of mystery and wonder anymore? I don't care if Bigfoot is or isn't real, but it sure is fun to think it could be out there somewhere to go...in search of :tiphat: (plus, without the mystery and wonder of Bigfoot, we never would have had the epic showdown between it and the Six Million Dollar Man!). Sheesh!

jwoverho, ianuaditis and Encuentro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.