Receiver advice needed :help:

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by World of Genesis, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World of Genesis

World of Genesis Active Member Thread Starter

I want to buy a new receiver, but I'm on a budget. I have to keep the price under $1,000. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

2. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I can definitely reccomend a Denon receiver.They have a reputaton for good sound at every price point.The 3803 lists at $1199.You should be able to get it for close to your budget.If you go with a Denon,make sure it's an authourised dealer or else you won't have a warranty.Good luck.

3. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

Is it just for stereo or do you need surround? What speakers are you running? If just for stereo and you are not cramped for space, perhaps you should consider separates or an integrated & tuner. For HT, I agree with Henry that Denons are very nice.
    I just bought the all in one Linn Classik used at your price point for my office. It also has a built in CD player and has gotten great reviews (but haven't received it yet). For my home stereo, I have separates and love the flexibility. I also have a Denon 3300 receiver in the family room for movies.

Jay

4. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I just bought a used Musical Fidelity A3 integrated amp from Toys From The Attic (great place, good people, just down the road from me) for $650. It's 2 channel, 85 watts / channel for my video system. When it was new it was double that and a Stereophile Class B recommended amp. It sounds great, for SS I really like it, listened to a Dylan DVD the other night and it was good sound through a tiny pair of Snell speakers. A $1000 bucks is a tough price point to get great sound for a receiver. If you could find something like the used MF in an amp I think Dennon used to make a good tuner that you could also get used and have much better sound for your $1000.

5. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

I bough my son a Denon 2 channel- sounded much better than a Kenwood with more watts. I bought a Marantz for my 5.1 system years ago and I have been happy with it.

I just bought a Fisher 400 receiver and it sounds great.

6. World of Genesis

World of Genesis Active Member Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'll look into these suggestions!:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.