Record Frame - Cover And Record

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Denniswilson, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denniswilson

Denniswilson Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a record frame that will show the cover and record? Most I can see just show the record or just the cover. I live in the UK so one I can get here would be great.

Thank you

2. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Wait, how do you want it displayed? The cover and record side by side or?

3. harby

harby Forum Resident

Probably wants something like this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One would think this kind of "officially licensed" frame is mass production, since the examples look so similar, however it is likely an imported product packaged by record companies and destined for memorabilia shops, not generally available to consumers.

Here is an eBay UK listing for a wall frame displaying the disc and art without overlap, but you could probably have similar bespoke matte work done by most any frame shop.

Leonthepro likes this.
  4. Denniswilson

Denniswilson Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Yes side by side, similar to the pictures above :)

5. Slack Babbath

Slack Babbath Hit The North...

[​IMG] Jelly Roll Morton And His Red Hot Peppers - The King of New Orleans Jazz

6. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Side question, as it seems the OP hasn't been around so instead of starting a new thread figured I'd post here.
    Have you guys tried those America Flat's on Amazon?
    Picked up a KAIU recently, it's a 'swing door' type with a magnetic closer. Very easy if one is constantly wanting to swap out covers. Nice wood construction, came double boxed with great protection. Will fit gatefolds as well. But I think this might be overkill for my needs, kinda why I'm asking about those Flats, they are cheaper but i'm also thinking the manufacture may be as well.
    [​IMG]

7. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Been looking at doing some of this stuff myself, but I'm after the budget versions of what's been presented.
    I can't find anything in the cheap range that looks great at all.....
    Surely they must be out there....
    I like these, but not the prices.
    12" LP Vinyl or LaserDisc Frame with Sleeve, Jukebox style

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    c-eling likes this.
  8. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

These may become available on the pre-owned market (eg. unwanted gifts). Otherwise, you could buy a cheap frame and some matt board and cut your own matt to mount the cover and disk. Circular cutters can be bought cheaply on ebay. Cheap framed prints can be bought in $2 shops at less price than the larger blank frames can be bought, and a fine for re-framing use.

Rick Bartlett likes this.
  9. Rick Bartlett

Hey,
    Yeah, the brain has been ticking over some ideas, because i'd like a bunch of display pieces, not just one or two.
    I saw these today at JBHI-FI, which are reasonably priced, but it excludes using the album artwork.....
    Flea Market Vinyl Record Frame

10. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

You probably made a typo there Rick, as these are designed to display the artwork. You could buy two frames - one for the artwork and another for the record if you want to display both. But don't hang the frame with the record in a space that gets direct sunlight!

bever70 and Rick Bartlett like this.
  11. Rick Bartlett

I did!
    I didn't get much of a chance to study them! Thanks for correcting me.
    It was busy in JBHIFI today which rattles me so my concentration goes south!
    Yeah, that makes perfect sense now you pointed that out.
    Thanks.
    Then there's the direct sunlight thing....arhhh!
    Yeah, gosh! I even have a bunch of good posters I'd like framed, but the cost is quite ridiculous!
    The results are quite stunning but ....... $$$$...?........

qwerty likes this.
  12. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

We had a Hobby Lobby just open recently, received this one as a gift (glass) They have quite a selection and great prices, even one's for compact discs and 7 incher's.
    This is what she wanted framed :laugh:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.