Record Store Day 2014 - Saturday 19th April (side 3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hawkman, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I've got my fingers crossed that the Parlophone catalogue psychedelic reissues continue for RSD Black Friday and/or RSD next year. I'm loving the Idle Race and July LPs, and I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of Little Games from Bull Moose so that I have the complete set of these.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  2. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

That won't stop them from keeping it limited. There was another LP release last year of a show from the New Traditionalists tour. RSD only and never repressed.

3. mistercleen

mistercleen Forum Resident

The optimist in me reads this as a disavowal of any CD release and a tacit nod to keep eyes peeled for a non-RSD release around May 20th. Hope springs eternal.

4. ndtechie05

ndtechie05 Forum Resident

Here's a photo of my awesome haul..only things I didn't get that I wanted are Ghostbusters and Muppet soundtrack. IMAG0394.jpg

Vinyl_Blues, Walt, levi and 3 others like this.
  5. Love that funky Chocolate Milk Record.

mistercleen likes this.
  6. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff Thread Starter

I'm not sure but I think he did. A shame that they are silent.

7. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

I have been, both looking to buy and to trade with no replies :(

Was hoping someone here may be able to help point me in a direction is all since the other methods are not working.

8. goat65cars

goat65cars Jerry A Great Dog We Miss You RIP 2002 To 2020

what are you looking for?

9. auburn278

auburn278 Forum Resident

I'm heading out in a few to my local. If there is a copy do you want me to pick it up for you?

Space Project 12" right?

10. Agreed, I thought it was excellent.

11. John Brookbank

John Brookbank BLK Vinyl Slinger

Dana Falconberry's release is quite a departure from her previous work. She's usually very stripped down and certainly no drum machines or synths on anything I've heard before. Great songwriter and live act with three part harmonies, mostly acoustic arrangements. I recommend her latest full length.

NapalmBrain likes this.
  12. John Brookbank

John Brookbank BLK Vinyl Slinger

July is new to me. Been enjoying that album on Spotify and wishing I knew of them pre-RSD given the quality of the work and the price of the OP.

I've already posted about the Idle Race a bit, but one of my favorite reissues of that ilk/era. Like hearing it for the first time!

Ben Adams likes this.
  13. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

Very happy. Did a second round of shopping today.

Found the Doors, Pink Panther OST and Everly Bros. Songs our...

If I find the Yardbirds tomorrow, I will have gotten everything I really wanted.

But should I buy the Pixies? Or Rocks?

PennyLanes likes this.
  14. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Yup I will take it if it is around $20 USDtgen what, $12 to $14 for shipping? If interested please pm me.

15. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

The Space Project 12" LP

16. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

Thanks for the information. I enjoyed the 12" and will certainly be keeping an eye out for more of her work. Which is what RSD is all about for me.

John Brookbank likes this.
  17. auburn278

auburn278 Forum Resident

If anyone lives near Baltimore, The Sound Garden has a good amount of RSD stock left. Idle Race, Flexion, Gram Parsons, Pouges with Strummer, Nick Cave, and dozens of other titles.

Thurenity likes this.
  18. jonnyhambone

jonnyhambone Forum Resident

I haven't seen it mentioned but the A Minor Forest 4 lp set is really excellent. I wish they had taken the next step and turned it into a nicely packaged boxset but clearly the demand for that effort is not there. It's some great tunes that've been oop for many years, remastered and well pressed on double vinyl, both releases bundled together.

Bjorn Kjetil Johansen likes this.
  19. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

ok I'm going to have to take back a bit of what I said to that morwells dude yesterday: not being able to handle server load is one thing, failing to properly manage inventory is just downright poor business.

has anyone who placed orders for RSD stuff with Bullmoose yesterday afternoon actually shown any of their purchases as shipped yet?

20. elvismcdouglas

elvismcdouglas Forum Resident

Buy Pixies. It includes an exclusive RSD 7". As for Rocks, pick up an original.

jimhb likes this.
  21. motionoftheocean

unless you want a collectible with the intention of selling it, I'd buy anything but that terrible Pixies album.

22. K. Jones

K. Jones Forum Resident

Yes, three items show shipped with tracking and the other three show packaged.

23. motionoftheocean

thanks for the info. I've not ordered from Bullmoose before but do items enter one's order history under a status other than "item packaged?"

24. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

Really? Terrible? I like Snakes.

25. motionoftheocean

it's like a really really poor Frank Black album rather than a Pixies album

and I love Frank Black

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.