Record Store Day 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident Thread Starter

just came across this on
    http://new-vinyl.blogspot.ie/2015/01/record-store-day-2015-aka-rsd2015-aka.html?view=flipcard

7" SINGLES (taken from www.new-vinyl.blogspot.com):

• Beck, Jeff Hi Ho Silver Lining b/w Beck's Bolero (Red Vinyl 7", 1750 copies only) SRP: $9.98
    • Beck, Jeff Love Is Blue b/w I've Been Drinking (Blue Vinyl 7", 2000 copies only) SRP: $9.98
    • Beck, Jeff Tallyman b/w Rock My Plimsoul (Gold Vinyl 7", 1750 copies only) SRP: $9.98
    • Black Keys/Junior Kimbrough Meet Me In the City 7" (Features Black Keys cover on a-side and original track on b-side) Limited to 6000 copies. SRP: $7.98
    • Fall Out Boy American Beauty/American Psycho (6x7" BOX SET) SRP: $45.98
    • Junior Brown Better Call Saul: Theme (7" Theme to the new Breaking Bad spinoff--limited to 1000 copies) SRP:$9.98
    • Kinks, The Kinksize Hits 7" EP (4 track EP celebrating the 50th anniversary of the band, this release is identical to the original) SRP: $12.98
    • Kinks, The Kinksize Session 7" EP (4 track EP Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the band, this release is identical to the original) SRP: $12.98
    • Kinks, The You Really Got Me (LIVE) b/w Milk Cow Blue (LIVE) (1st time released in the USA) SRP: $8.98
    • Lees of Memory (Superdrag members) Soft Places Within A Dream II 7" SRP: $9.98
    • Marvin Gaye How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) b/w Once Upon A Time (Featuring Mary Wells) 7" (released on Motown label, double A-sided 7") SRP: $12.98
    • Rev. Horton Heat It's a Rave-Up b/w Beer, Write This Song (Red Vinyl 7" limited to 1850 copies (with 150 randomly inserted on pink vinyl). SRP: $6.98
    • Seshen, The/Lost Midas SPLIT "Reworked" 7" (Clear splatter vinyl...features each artist remixing the other. Tracks are Unravel (remixed by Lost Midas) b/w Off the Course (remixed by Seshen). SRP: $8.98
    • STRFKR Astronaut/Little Lover (7" originally supposed to be out for Black Friday, pushed to RSD15--1000 copies) SRP: $7.98
    • Todd Snider Impending Doom (Stones Cover) b/w New Track (Title TBD). Limited to 1500 copies. SRP: $6.98
    • Twin Peaks RSD 7" (features 2 new unreleased tracks from this Chicago band) SRP: $5.98
    • Typhoon Prosthetic Love (Piano Version) 7" SRP: $7.98
    • Zappa, Frank 200 Motels 7" SRP: $9.98

10" SINGLES (taken from www.new-vinyl.blogspot.com):

• Allman, Gregg RSD 10" Picture Disc (features 2 live tracks from Macon, GA and 2 tracks never before on vinyl--'Melissa' Gregg Allman w/Jackson Browne and 'Midnight Rider' Greeg Allman w/Zac Brown and Vince Gill) SRP$14.98
    • Animals--The Animals No. 2 10" 45RPM EP (1st time available in USA) SRP: $14.98
    • Blackberry Smoke--Wood Wire and Roses 10" EP (120g colored 10" featuring 4 acoustic versions of songs from their new album Holding All The Roses) SRP: $14.98
    • Charlie Feathers Self-Titled 10" (Features eight of his King singles from 1956 and 1957, now on one 10"--1500 copies) SRP: $15.98
    • Cold War Kids--Five Quick Cuts 10" (Features new instrumental song ("Portugese Bend") with unreleased bonus tracks--limited to 2000 copies) SRP: $12.98
    • Comeback Kid--Rain City Sessions 10" (Six Live Tracks from Comeback Kids plus a studio version of Nirvana's Territorial Pissings. Limited to 1850 copies on White Vinyl with 150 randomly inserted on Clear Red Vinyl) SRP:$14.98
    • Davis, Miles The Prestige 10" Collection Volume 2 (5x10" Box) SRP: $79.98
    • D Generation--Queens of A 10" (first new music in 15 years) SRP: $10.98
    • Dom Flemons What Got Over 10" (9 new tracks/alternate versions set to be a companion piece to Prospect Hill--1000 copies) $16.98
    • Justin Townes Earle--Live at Grimey's 10" EP (features 8 live tracks from Sept 2014 that covers both his recent releases) SRP: $18.98
    • Garbage RSD 10" (New 10" featuring 2 new tracks (one featuring a guest artist) on Orange Vinyl) SRP: $12.98
    • Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto--Getz/Gilberto '76 10" EP (140g Green Vinyl 10" sampler of forthcoming 2LP set) SRP:$18.98
    • Jesse Malin--Hardcore Feeling 10" (3 track 10" featuring 2 new tracks--Whitestone and Society Sally--limited to 500 copies) SRP: $10.98
    • Sinatra, Frank Songs for Young Lovers 10" Remastered EP (Features 8 tracks) SRP: $22.98
    • SOUNDTRACK---Fury (by Steven Price) 10" EP (packaged in a die-cut WWII V-Disc slipcase, features 9 tracks including 2 exclusive ones) SRP: $15.98
    • Tove Lo--Truth Serum 10" EP (Pink Vinyl, 6 tracks) SRP: $12.98
    • Young, Larry--In Paris: The O.R.T.F. Recordings 10" EP (140g vinyl featuring live and studio recordings from 1965 from the Office of Radio and Television in France. Never before released) SRP: $18.98

12" SINGLES (taken from www.new-vinyl.blogspot.com):

• Avcii--The Days/Nights Remix 12" EP (7 track remix EP) SRP: $22.98
    • Banks--The Remixes Part 2 (features unreleased remixes, limited to 2000) SRP $10.98
    • Barnett, Courtney---RSD 12" (Features John Cale cover and brand new track, limited to 2500 copies) SRP: $10.98
    • John Butler Trio--Ocean 12" (Instrumental hit b/w new instrumental song "Heading South") SRP: $15.98
    • Real Friends--More Acoustic Songs 12" Picture Disc EP (4 new acoustic tracks including a cover of a Starting Line song, 1500 copies) SRP: $17.98
    • Run the Jewels RSD 12" Picture Disc (4 track 12" including an unreleased version of Blockbuster Night Part II, 5000 copies) SRP: $14.98
    • Kenny Wayne Shepherd--A Little Something From the Road Volume 1 (LIVE EP) SRP: $10.98
    • St. Paul and the Broken Bones--Live from the Alabama Theater 12" (Alabama shaped vinyl 12" Picture Disc featuring live covers of Sly & The Family Stone and David Bowie--2000 copies) SRP: $11.98
    • Tears for Fears--Shout b/w Everybody Wants to Rule The World 180g 12" w/extended remixed versions SRP:$16.98
    • Temples--Mesmerise Live 12" EP (numbered Live 12" on colored vinyl, limited to 3000 copies, featuring 4 live songs) SRP: $13.98

LP RECORDS (taken from www.new-vinyl.blogspot.com):

• At The Gates--Gardens of Grief (180g Colored Vinyl LP w/poster--1500 copies) SRP: $19.98
    • Atkins, Chet--My Brother Sings (180g R.T.I. pressing from the original masters of this cancelled 1958 LP--2000 copies) SRP: $24.98
    • Banks, Azealia--Broke With Expensive Taste (Deluxe Version) (debut album on vinyl for the first time with bonus tracks---will be either on colored vinyl or on a picture disc, to be determined) SRP: $22.98
    • Blitzen Trapper--Harvest (180g LP of the band's LIVE recording covering Neil Young's classic LP from Portland, Oregon). SRP: $18.98
    • Candlemass--Live (180g 2LP limited to 1000 copies---first time available in the USA of this 1990 release) SRP$29.98
    • Carcass--Choice Cuts 2LP (Red and Clear Splatter Vinyl--limited to 1500 copies) SRP $26.98
    • Clutch--From Beale Street to Oblivion (2LP on Purple Vinyl, limited to 1000 copies, on vinyl for the first time) SRP$28.98
    • Cotton, James--Cut You Loose! (Remastered 1968 LP) SRP: $18.98
    • Country Joe & The Fish---Together (Remastered LP from the original tapes, was originally released in 1967) SRP:$21.98
    • Dixie Cups, The---Chapel of Love LP (1st time on vinyl in over 40 years) SRP $19.98
    • Doc & Merle Watson--Ballads from Deep Gap LP (Remastered LP from the original tapes of this classic 1971 release) SRP: $18.98
    • Electric Wizard--Time To Die (Silver Vinyl LP) SRP: $25.98
    • Everly Brothers, The---15 Everly Hits (Greatest Hits LP, 1st time available in nearly 50 years) SRP: $19.98
    • Curtis Fuller's Quintet Featuring Benny Golson--Blues-ette (re-release of this 1959 Jazz LP) SRP: $19.98
    • Gibbs, Joe---African Dub: Chapter 2 Picture Disc SRP: $34.98
    • Goldfrapp--Felt Mountain (Colored Vinyl LP, 1st time USA pressing) SRP: $23.98
    • Gov't Mule--Stoned Side of the Mule Volume 2 (Rolling Stones Covers, recorded live, follow-up from Black Friday Volume One Release---3500 copies) SRP $20.98
    • GWAR--America Must Be Destroyed (45RPM 2LP with pop-up album artwork--3000 copies) SRP: $33.98
    • Herman's Hermits---Blaze (180g LP--1st time on vinyl in 40+ years) SRP $18.98
    • Hold Steady, The---Boys and Girls in America (180g LP on either Purple or White (random)) SRP: $18.98
    • Hold Steady, The--Heaven is Whenever (180g Red LP---NOTE: This was also a RSD2010 release with a silkscreened cover, on clear vinyl and limited to 600 copies---are we really going to start reissuing RSD releases now???) SRP: $18.98
    • Islander--Violence & Destruction LP (White Vinyl LP w/100 copies on a random Teal--900 copies) SRP: $14.98
    • Joan Jett & The Blackhearts--Flashback (Rarities Collection) (2LP + CD on Blue 140g Vinyl. SRP: $29.98
    • Jungle Rot--Terror Regime LP (Blue Vinyl with 100 copies on Red Vinyl (Random)--900 copies) SRP: $14.98
    • Keen, Robert Earl--Gringo Honeymoon (1994 release on vinyl for the first time!) SRP: $18.98
    • Kid Cudi--Kid Cudi presents Satellite Fight: The Journey to the Mother Moon (First time on vinyl) SRP: $24.98
    • Lee, Alvin---Still on the Road to Freedom (LP with bonus tracks--750 copies) SRP: $19.98
    • Marley, Bob--Bob Marley Interviews: So Much Things to Say (1973 interview with Neville Willoughby) SRP: $21.98
    • Mavericks, The---Mono (early vinyl release of their new LP) SRP: $17.98
    • McCartney, Paul--The Family Way: Original Soundtrack Recording (1967 Soundtrack now available on vinyl for the first time in over 40 years) SRP: $19.98
    • Midlake--Live in Denton, TX (LP + DVD) SRP: $21.98
    • Montgomery, Wes--One Night In Indy (featuring the Eddie Higgins Trio) (180g LP featuring new tracks from forthcoming 2016 LP) SRP: $23.98
    • Musselwhite, Charlie--Stand Back! (remastered 1967 LP) SRP: $18.98
    • Parker, Charlie--The Charlie Parker Story LP SRP: $19.98
    • Parton, Dolly---The Grass is Blue (1999 LP on vinyl for the first time) SRP: $18.98
    • Path of Resistance--Who Dares Wins (White Vinyl with 100 on Green (random)--900 copies) SRP: $14.98
    • Social Distortion--Social Distortion (25th Anniversary Edition on Blue and White Split Color, limited to 1500 copies) SRP: $25.98
    • SOUNDTRACK--Orange is the New Black Original Television Soundtrack (on Orange & Black Vinyl, features the score from the first two seasons) SRP: $24.98
    • SOUNDTRACK--The Lego Movie Deluxe Soundtrack PICTURE DISC w/Poster (2000 copies) SRP: $31.98
    • SOUNDTRACK--AMC's The Walking Dead: Original Soundtrack Volume 2 PICTURE DISC (1800 copies) SRP:$21.98
    • SOUNDTRACK--I'm Here (A Soundtrack to the Short Film by Spike Jonze) PICTURE DISC LP (features Girls, Animal Collective, Of Montreal and more) SRP: $19.98
    • SOUNDTRACK--The Darjeeling Limited (180g Green Vinyl, first time on vinyl) SRP: $23.98
    • SOUNDTRACK--Whiplash: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP (Features new original Jazz tracks and classic ones from Stan Getz, Duke Ellington and more) SRP: $19.98
    • Thorogood, George---George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers LP (debut album with new mix with unreleased track) SRP: $17.98
    • Those Darlins/Diarrhea Planet--Live at Pickathon Split LP (both bands sets from the Pickathon festival in Happy Valley, OR) SRP: $16.98
    • Various Artists--Record Store Day Presents: Trojan Records Rude Boy Rumble LP SRP: $17.98
    • Various Artists--When I Reach That Heavenly Shore: Unearthly Black Gospel: 1926-1936 3LP SRP: $53.98
    • Venom--From the Very Depths (Brand new LP) SRP: $25.98
    • Warzone--Fight for Justice LP (Grey Vinyl with 100 Red Vinyl (random)--900 copies) SRP: $14.98
    • Wells, Junior--It's My Life Baby! (Remastered 1966 Blues LP) SRP: $18.98
    • Wood, Brenton--Oogum Boogum (White Vinyl LP) SRP: $17.98
    • Zombies, The---R.I.P. (The Lost Album) 1st time on vinyl as an official, non-bootleg release! SRP: $19.98

dee, ShawnX, matt79rome89 and 3 others like this.
  2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Count me in for the Jeff Beck and Kinks singles.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  3. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I'd pick up the Lego movie and Walking Dead picture discs if I saw them. But otherwise there is not one thing in that list that makes me want to stand in line to buy! I hope (or maybe I don't?) there will be better stuff added.

spindly, Pizza, tcj and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Is it that time of the year again already? Time flies!

Nothing I want so far. Kinda hoping it stays that way.

Coricama, tyler928, Complier and 4 others like this.
  5. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Is McCartney's "The Family Way" worth getting? I've never had the chance to hear it.

6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Jackie Greene states on his website that he'll have a single for RSD this year. No word on whether it will just be tracks from his forthcoming album (due summer) or something truly "exclusive"...

7. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

Curious about the Midlake and mildly interested in the REK.

8. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Just noticed this:
    Is this a "jump the shark" moment for Record Store Day?

9. Nathan Aaron

Nathan Aaron Forum Resident

Goldfrapp--Felt Mountain (Colored Vinyl LP, 1st time USA pressing) SRP: $23.98

WHAT?! Wow. I'm kinda excited about this, but there's no way I'll be able to make it to Record Day. I'm wondering if this is some limited RD debut never to see a wider release. That just seems so stupid to me, as much as people have been clamoring for this... Hmm...

10. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Stoked about those Kinks EPs, plus the second Miles Davis 10" box, the Zombies RIP album, and the Goldfrapp reissue are very welcome. I've wanted Felt Mountain on vinyl for years, but an originals are both hard to come by and expensive.

11. Nathan Aaron

Crazy question, but can you pre-order Record Day vinyl records through your local store, or you have to pretty much be there when the store opens?

12. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Stores aren't technically allowed to do pre-orders for the RSD exclusives (they sign an agreement to participate). However, if you're a regular at your local store and are in good with the people that do the ordering, it's possible. Just not likely or common.

Coricama and Nathan Aaron like this.
  13. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

How in the world do they fit 2LPs worth of 200 Motels onto a 7" disc?

14. Nathan Aaron

-Argh. Ok, thanks. I will kill someone for that Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain (IF I have to. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. ;) LOL)

15. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Since it's a colored pressing I wouldn't be surprised to see a standard black, unlimited pressing come out at a later time.

16. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Sure would be nice if Trials of Van Occupanther was getting a vinyl reissue...

17. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

That was reissued... It's currently sitting in my unplayed pile so it was a recent purchase.

18. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

Fans of the Flaming Lips who like their mid '90s era can look forward to a Clouds Taste Metallic singles collection released on vinyl for the first time I believe.

s m @ likes this.
  19. Nathan Aaron

And that would be totally fine with me. Just put it in my hands, already! Colored, black, who cares. :) I just want it! Mute has been dragging their feet on this one forever...

20. mogwai rave

mogwai rave Active Member

Hmmmm the Darjeeling soundtrack.....

Brudy, LavidDange and ShawnX like this.
  21. TraneLives

TraneLives Active Member

I love the Junior Wells title, along with the Doc and Merle Watson. I'll put the Wes Montgomery and the Whiplash soundtrack in my cart as well. The selection isn't as obviously good as other years, but there's a few gems.

Naughty Chord likes this.
  22. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

23. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Damn. Might have to grab the Hold Steady repress of Boys & Girls, their last great album IMHO.

asodoma likes this.
  24. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

So it was. Thanks for pointing that out!

BeardedSteven likes this.
  25. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

Yawn....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.