Record Store Day 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Got a response from Dr. Rhino on the Happy Mondays release, source material was the original analogue tape. Doesn't mean it's AAA but that's good enough for me to seek out this one as it's being released in the US too as far as I can tell.

http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8087

rainspainplain likes this.
  2. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Are we allowed to ask UK posters to look for stuff for us in North America and offer to look for stuff for others or do we have to post in the Classifieds section?

3. CRM114

CRM114 Forum Resident

Lots of stuff I'm interested in which is different from "I really need this". I like to work from the former. :) So, here is my list of what I'm interested in, quantity produced and approximate price.

Syd Barrett/R.E.M. - DARK GLOBE - 7" (3000) $8
    Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band - ROUGH RAW AND AMAZING - 2x12" (2000) $38
    Neko Case - FOX CONFESSOR BRINGS THE FLOOD (1600) $27
    Miles Davis - THE PRESTIGE 10 INCH LP COLLECTION VOL. 2 - 5x10" (2000) $79
    The Decemberists - PICARESQUE (5000) $27
    The Doors - STRANGE DAYS (Mono) (7500) $23
    Dresden Dolls - THE VIRGINIA MONOLOGUES - 3x12" (5000) $43
    Grateful Dead - WAKE UP TO FIND OUT: NASSAU COLISEUM, UNIONDALE NY 3/29/90 - 5x12" (5200) $115
    Robyn Hitchcock + Emma Swift - FOLLOW YOUR MONEY/MOTION PICTURES - 7" (2000) $8
    Mark Kozelek - WHAT'S NEXT TO THE MOON? (1700) $16
    Of Montreal - SNARE LUSTROUS DOOMINGS (3000) $23
    Jaco Pastorius - THE WARNER YEARS (3000) $23
    Phish - NEW YEAR'S EVE 1995 LIVE AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - 6x12" (4500) $150
    Otis Redding - OTIS BLUE: OTIS REDDING SINGS SOUL - 2x12" (5000) $43
    Various Artists - The Darjeeling Limited (Original Soundtrack) (4900) $22
    The Zombies - R.I.P. Album (5600) $18
    The Autumn Defense - THE AUTUMN DEFENSE (500) $30
    Hawkwind - HAWKWIND (3000) $23
    The White Stripes - GET BEHIND ME SATAN $39
    Frank Zappa - OVERTURE FROM FRANK ZAPPA'S "200 MOTELS" - 7" (2000) $8

hi_watt likes this.
  4. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I'm glad that not many (if any) seem to be interested in the things I want -- so that I shouldn't have a problem finding any of them!

Dresden Dolls
    Hedwig & The Angry Inch
    The Mavericks
    Willie Nelson
    Dolly Parton
    Whiplash

I'm pretty sure all of them will be available after RSD, but I'm too impatient to wait!

5. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Here is my extensive list of titles that interest me. I have to go through it and eliminate many and keep only the ones that I 'Need'. I can almost guarantee I will not find the Zombies as I have never found previous RSD Zombies titles anywhere.

RSD;

The Animals - We’re Gonna Howl Tonight LP
    Animals--The Animals No. 2 10" 45RPM EP (1st time available in USA) SRP: $14.98
    Jeff Beck - Tallyman 7”
    Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver 7”
    Jeff Beck - Love Is Blue 7”
    Blackberry Smoke - Wood, Fire and Roses 10”
    Bob Dylan - The Basement Tapes LP
    Herman's Hermits---Blaze (180g LP--1st time on vinyl in 40+ years) SRP $18.98
    Kinks, The Kinksize Hits 7" EP (4 track EP) SRP: $12.98
    Kinks, The Kinksize Session 7" EP (4 track EP) SRP: $12.98
    Metallica - No Life Til Leather 10”/Tape
    Robert Plant - More Roar 10”
    Rocky Horror - Time Warp EP 10”
    Frank Sinatra - Songs For Young Lovers 10” SRP: $22.98
    Slayer - When The Stillness Comes 7”
    Small Faces - Afterglow Of Your Love 7”
    Steve Earle - Terraplane Blues 10”
    VA - Sun Records Vol.2
    Venom--From the Very Depths (Brand new LP) SRP: $25.98
    Zombies, The---R.I.P. (The Lost Album) SRP: $19.98

UK;

Alex Harvey - Midnight Moses 7”
    David Bowie - 1966
    Deep Purple - Book Of Tailesyn
    Down n Outz - EP
    Rory Gallagher - City Hall In Session 10”
    Small Faces - Ogden Nut Gone Flake LP
    Small Faces - French EP Box
    The Pretty Things - EP 7”
    Thunder - When The Music Played 10”
    The Yardbirds - Rarities 7”

The Zombies - She’s Not There 7”

6. CRM114

CRM114 Forum Resident

Is there a way to get UK RSD items in the states?

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

My list of albums delayed by RSD sillyness/vanity releases is longer than my RSD wishlist.

Who's the true music lover now?

Hawklord and Rodz42 like this.
  8. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

EBay

Paully and JasonA like this.
  9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

stores with an online presence selling stuff 7 days after RSD?

10. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

I am not much impressed with " hand stamped" signature. What is the selling point on a hand stamped signature?

RELEASED FOR RECORD STORE DAY 2015-FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!
    200 gram pink vinyl packaged in white sleeve with red stamp "DYLAN - THE BASEMENT TAPE" on cover and Garth Hudson's hand stamped autograph, individually numbered. 'The Basement Tapes' was recorded in 1967 while Bob Dylan recuperated and features many Dylan songs that had appeared on bootleg records prior to the "official" release in 1975. The recording took place in Woodstock and features four members of the Hawks (Rick Danko, Garth Hudson, Richard Manuel and Robbie Robertson, and one American, Levon Helm) better known today as The Band.

11. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

Where did you find this listing? First mention of pink vinyl. Still has the terribly vague description with no info on track listing.

MrRom92 likes this.
  12. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

I don't remember the exact site as I was on several but it does look very official and I had seen the hand stamped rumor earlier in this thread. Don't think I will go for this one.

13. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

Yeah, this whole release is shoddy to me. Note that it's not on Columbia. This is grey-area product as far as I'm concerned.

14. matt79rome89

My thought too except it shouldn't have made the RSD list if so. Columbia always likes to support RSD with Dylan/Springsteen releases and I can't imagine them being ok with a bootleg on the list.

15. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Ah....but maybe that's the idea *wink wink*....I reckon this is a replica of GWW bootleg released by RSD/Sony to 'promote' the Bootleg Series. They may have deliberately left their name off to add the air of mystery that the boot originally had!

16. glide

glide Forum Resident

The "Other People's Music" label is referenced in the Rolling Stone Article for the official release and I know Garth has worked with them in the past. Based out of Canada I believe. I think it's safe to say there is nothing 'grey' about the release.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ent-tapes-bootlegs-released-november-20140826

17. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

I agree and that's why I'm flummoxed by its presence! I'm saying no to this release, and Dylan's my favorite artist.

18. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

What about that makes it not grey? I know about the label and Garth's involvement. Its status as a Canadian label means precisely that, due to differing copyright laws between the countries, the label's Dylan product can be described as grey-area in the United States. Not to mention that Bob Dylan is under contract to Sony everywhere in the world, not to Other People's Music.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  19. glide

glide Forum Resident

Good point. I assumed since they were credited and presumably involved with the full official release that this was a similar situation. It very well may not be the case.

20. s m @

s m @ Forum Resident

To me the thing that points to it not being grey is just that I can't see a Dylan bootleg getting on the list under any circumstances, considering his profile. And I can't see Sony not noticing, or not putting the ixnay on it immediately. So the question to me is more one of whether the content is of the same provenance as the recent Bootleg Series release, and how much tracklist overlap it has with the Raw set. The mysterious nature of this is kind of getting me interested. OK, not kind of. I'm a sucker.

I also take it no one has any info on run size.

21. matt79rome89

2500 for "180g mono" and 2500 for the other listing which is unclear whether it's stereo or mono or black or pink

22. search&destroy

search&destroy Well-Known Member

not a rsd fan.......would be if the customers who purchased the records had to give the same pledge as the retailers....(NO EBAY SALES)
    ....still...i sure would like to get my hands on the iggy pop lp, the stooges 2-lp, & the doors "strange days" mono.:help:

Hawklord, izgoblin and krlpuretone like this.
  23. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

24. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Yep, I've seen customers looking up prices on Ebay on their phones in the store...

25. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Pledges don't mean anything if you can't enforce them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.