Record Store Day 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you feel a curiosity like this is worth more than a legitimate release from a new artist or a reissue of a well regarded and hard to find album from the past, good for you.

jedilips00 likes this.
  2. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Isn't it?! Not a good sign if RSD sellers are starting to gouge for these products. Or maybe it's just this guy whose new vinyl prices are extraordinary. Want a new Beach Boys Analogue Productions record.....that'll set you back over $70 at his shop.

3. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

Man, I didn't know there was a good record store in Summit. My parents have lived there since the mid-70's, but are finally moving to an assisted living facility at the end of next week. I'll be there a few days this week and all of next week packing and organizing... I'll be sure to make one trip to Scotti's. Damn.

:cussing:

4. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Wanted the Chris Stapleton release but the two stores I checked with in Louisville didn't have it. Nashville had it I assume but where else?

Anyone get it?

5. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

Unfortunately, I have no information on the mastering. On the positive side, there seems to be an abundance of these, as every store I went on RSD seemed to have at least one.

6. Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai Forum Resident

Thanks for the update!!!

7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I saw Phish in Norwood this morning - can't recall about the Tull. They have quite a bit of RSD stock still available (none the highly sought ones mind you). Good luck!

RJ3000 likes this.
  8. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I'm not able to get to the bullmoose.com website. Is it just me or is it not working?

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I was on their site about an hour ago. They won't be selling RSD LPs online until Monday.

10. Diffuse

Diffuse Member

Did anyone pick up a copy of Guided By Voices - Isolation Drills? How does it sound?

11. Todd Fredericks

I'm not able to access their site. I tried yesterday and today. I wonder if it is because I'm outside of the U.S.? That would be odd.

12. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

UK shops abide by the RSD laws and don't list anything on their sites until a week later usually, so it's a bit early yet.

Don't get carried away and pay eBay prices as there is usually much more stock than people think floating about. Shops often re-order RSD stock the Monday after.

I think the eBay thing is insane. Like I saw piles of 7" singles on the shelves that were not selling going for £25 on eBay. Who in their right mind spends £32 on an Adam and the Antz 7" single? Crazy. You could pick up an original for £2. You have to take a step back and say this is insane.

EasterEverywhere and panasoffkee like this.
  13. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Jim, I saw that you picked up the Banshees LP yesterday. How does it sound?

Did you come across Psychedelic Furs, OMD or Simple Minds releases? Those were all UK only I believe.

Jeff

14. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Why is it such a cash grab? Sony is making the individual pressings available to those who don't want to buy the box.

Michael Fremer seemed to like the new pressings

Mazzy likes this.
  15. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

Does anyone think that RSD should only be once a year?That the interest in vinyl is now so strong,that we no longer need two RSDs per year?

16. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

You could pick up A & Antz in charity shops for 10p up the princely (charming) sum of 50p. Who wants to buy that rubbish, in this day & age.

I notice they where to many 7" releases, for to much money.

Jim B. likes this.
  17. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Also, it's not like remastering is a new concept.

Tommyboy likes this.
  18. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

Hope for the Future (Sweet Thrash) is the A side. It's the same general idea as Hope (Thrash). I didn't recognize the B-side mix, but it's another mix of Hope for the Future. The B-side has an acoustic guitar that comes and goes that plays chords VERY reminscent of U2's Stay (Faraway So Close). I put it to tape and I'm gonna compare both to the other mixes.

Its paper inner sleeve stuck to the vinyl like glue. If anyone opens theirs and plans to play it more than once, get an anti-static sleeve to put it in after the first play.

The only thing written into the wax on the handwritten label's side is 3F79206-07 A7 and the last 7 is subscripted. The other side is the same except replace A with B.

There is a business card between the 2 sleeves that says you can download a 3D printer file that makes a little Paul McCartney figurine. There is no URL for it (easy to find on his website) and nothing about downloading the tracks is included. The card is on the A-side for mine if people wanna try to slide it over to the label window and have a look. It looks almost exactly if not exactly like the sticker on this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  19. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

If you think about it RSD is really only once a year (at least the RSD folks will tell you that - although I don't agree as I believe Black Friday is a mini-RSD event). Black Friday is just that Black Friday, where the day is a big shopping day anyway, so why not offer up special items. :)

JeffMo likes this.
  20. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

If you don't want to wait for Bullmoose tomorrow, try Vintage Vinyl in NJ (www.vvinyl.com).
    They have some RSD stuff available on-line now.

21. GabeL

GabeL Forum Resident

Thanks for the information, I am seeking the Neko Case Fox Confessor LP and perhaps the U2 Songs of Innocence LP

22. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

Black Friday is just to get some hype for the holidays, nothing wrong with getting people into stores and get them to spend some holiday money. It's barely an event and most of the stuff would be coming out for holiday shopping anyway. It's not like it's some huge event, yesterday Park Ave had 200-300 people in line for opening, Black Friday there is maybe 10 of us waiting.

Rocketdog and bajaed like this.
  23. Tom Campbell

Tom Campbell Forum Resident

All of the Black Friday stuff carries Record Store Day stickers... don't know how it can not be viewed as an RSD event.

24. Todd Fredericks

Thanks! I'm also wondering why I'm not able to access the bullmoose site. I order other stuff from them throughout the year.

25. LePompDior

LePompDior Forum Resident

The store I bought mine at were selling them straight out of the shipping box. The quantity listed on the side of the box was 30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.