Record Store Day 2016 Release Information RSD16

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rkellner, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

As I say, enjoy it, pay no attention to me. I just played it again -it's fine...it just doesn't compare to an Island pressing of old.

A lot of modern records sound great -the Steve Wilson Jethro Tulls for example.

I'm just not sure what to think about this for now; as I've said already, I'm hearing more detail in places , voices are particularly fine, then a seeming lack of clarity elsewhere. It just doesn't leap off the platter as earlier pressings do, but my feelings are tempered by a perfect pressing and quiet vinyl.

Incidentally, I got my original of this LP for 30€ and a Pink Rim pressing for just 12GBP. The latter is pretty damn perfect although oddly housed in a US sleeve.

2. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

The access we North Americans have to original UK pressing of the early Island records is mostly eEbay.

I usually stop bidding at about 50-60 pounds per record (factoring in another tenner for shipping) and have so far
    come away with a clean copy of Fotheringay, and a pink rim Eno Warm Jets. So, I have come to terms with accepting
    that a good reissue for about $30 (15 pounds, or generally the cost of shipping an original) is going to have to do.

3. redflag

redflag Forum Resident

I had to skip RSD for financial reasons (Whooo being a member of the working poor is fun), but an online retailer had The Other Side of Sun for 10 bucks. The Irresponsibility/Awesome Record ratio was just too good to pass up. It arrived today and I'm glad I bought it.

macdaddysinfo and davenav like this.
  4. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

how's it sound?

jamesmaya likes this.
  5. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

My local store still has a copy and they're reducing prices on RSD stock but the discounts aren't phenomenal. I may pop back there tomorrow but The Move EP isn't on my list of possibles. They still have one copy of the Emmylou Harris too but it's gotten some iffy reviews recently so I may eventually go with the CD/DVD combo release. I'm pretty sure I'll find something to spend a few bucks on. I always seem to.

6. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

You can ask, the Hawaiian Islands, from where I just got back tonight. I also go technology-free so that's why I haven't responded until now. Thanks for asking! :) -John
    Record collecting though, is a HUGE sacrifice!

johnnypaddock and seaisletim like this.
  7. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

The land of dreams, indeed! Every island has their virtues but Oahu has a special place in my heart.

I'm happy for you

John-Adam likes this.
  8. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Yup! :)

9. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Thank you. It is always fun to go to Honolulu/Waikiki on Oahu! :)

I was on Maui and the Big Island. A record store still exists on Maui and they do "celebrate" and participate in RSD, by the way, so this thread doesn't get twisted totally out of context. lol

AnalogJ and johnnypaddock like this.
  10. Waynefi

Waynefi Confused over the confusion ?

Well I thought it sounded pretty good. With nothing to compare it to it is hard. It is an EU product, and really cannot find much about it. I had it shipped to me from Italy, I have only seen 2 for sale. Put it another way, I will be playing again in the future !

PS: I also finally got to play the Happy Together Turtles RSD 7" 45. It was also really nice. I think the stereo side was a bit better, cleaner , clearer, less congested
    [​IMG]

11. Ninecats

Ninecats Forum Resident

Anyone else picked up Atomic Swing - A Car Crash In The Blue (vinyl)? A longshot on here, swedish band not overly famous overseas, but this is a fine rocking pop debut, originally 1993.

Issued in vinyl for the first time now, simply amazing mastering job by Henrik Jonsson, Masters Of Audio, Stockholm. A big improvement of the cd master.

12. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

13. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

Anyone get a bad Buzzcocks : More Product compilation? Although the labels are printed correct I have 2 C & D sides.

14. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

Hi,

What is your opinion about the Etta James live album on Jackpot?

15. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

I have a correct one ...

16. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

It may be worth something someday...

17. bholz

bholz Forum Resident

Yes, I picked up a copy of this well after RSD and have a totally different problem. On my copy Side A and Side C are exactly the same??? Sides B,C, and D are correct. Anyone know how to go about getting a replacement? (I bought this several months ago and just now got around to listening to it.)

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  18. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Try contacting someone at the official Record Store Day website. They were helpful when I had an issue with my Neil Young RSD purchase.

19. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

When it comes to something like this there should be no such thing as an expiration date. It isn't as if side A could ever magically change into Side C over time. It's an obvious pressing defect and it shouldn't even be out on the street. If it wasn't discovered for an entire decade the record company should at least offer you money back or a trade for a different title even if a replacement copy was no longer an option.

Blue Cactus likes this.
  20. Black Stripes

Black Stripes Forum Resident

There is a Discogs submission for it with a user comment as well: Buzzcocks - More Product In A Different Compilation (Best Of The United Artists Recordings 1978-1980)
    Hopefully you will not have the same problem with your replacement request!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.