Record Store Day 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

The definitive/amazing Robert Johnson Centennial Collection on vinyl for the first time (I think) is a seriously tempting possibility.

matty j, LoveandTheft and LarryP like this.
  2. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Yeah but not the singles. Most of them are around for a reasonable price. I've managed to collect a bunch of them for just a couple of bucks each.

Stu02 likes this.
  3. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Toto Africa picture disc, did the person that predicted that know it was coming or really just nail the prediction? Too funny.

whisper3978 likes this.
  4. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

Thank goodness theres an "ignore member" button jeez

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

SQ is what matters though, to me. I'd be surprised (and I hope I am surprised) if this sounds better than what you can get on cd right now for a lot less than what this set will probably retail for. But since it's on vinyl it'll be desirable so I expect demand to be high.

6. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

Stone Turntable likes this.
  7. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

Does anyone know what this is?:

The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night 7"- not released in US.

8. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

::rolls eyes::

rnranimal likes this.
  9. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

We don't need any of your detailed info here.

johnnybrum and rnranimal like this.
  10. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

It has to be. "No Plan" (clear blue vinyl) has been on the RSD UK list for almost a month now, and it's still not available on Amazon US. Assuming I'm correct, I don't know why they're keeping it a big secret.

11. prospinna

prospinna Member

I haven't checked in great detail but I think that is pretty much the US list (even though prices are in euros).

It's not 100% complete but covers a good portion of what US stores will be selling.

12. prospinna

prospinna Member

It isn't No Plan.

Here are the releases:

David Bowie: Cracked Actor (Live Los Angeles, '74)(3LP)

David Bowie: BOWPROMO (GEM Promo LP)(1LP Vinyl Box)

Tanx likes this.
  13. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

This makes me very happy. Has anyone seen what the quantities are? I have to imagine these won't be super-super-limited editions.

Tanx likes this.
  14. prospinna

prospinna Member

I think it is 5000 of each.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

CWillman and Tanx like this.
  15. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

The anger from suburban homes.

16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Rumours say it's 'Interstellar Overdrive' from 1966. If this is official, I can't wait! Hope I have luck getting one copy then.

Rekkerds and Hattipper like this.
  17. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

Of all the Bruce shows they could have put on LP, I wish they'd have gone with one that hasn't been out on CD for years. If I'm going to flip something over seven times, I'd rather go with something I haven't already played to death in an official form, with unfamiliar cover art.

18. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident Thread Starter

To
    I feel the same, why not put out concert that ever been released before.

19. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Atleast Bruce puts live stuff out regularly. Who fans have had very few releases from the past:(

jlf likes this.
  20. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

I've heard of plenty of them, and some I love, but I'm still puzzled by the decisions on these releases. For instances, the Small Faces are one of my all-time favorite groups, but I'd much prefer something like Autumn Stone finally get a reissue over a dispensable 10" single. And that's the thing about a lot of what's on this list -- it's not bad, per se, it's just inessential. If the main focus of the event is to show people how cool vinyl is and how great records sound, I think there's a better way to do that.

marmil, Jrr and troggy like this.
  21. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

well since the mission of RSD is primarily to help indie and small mom and pop stores, it doesnt really gel with the Beatles

22. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Say what?

raq0915 and Kevin55 like this.
  23. GMcGilli

GMcGilli Forum Resident

I would think that small indie mom and pop stores having limited edition Beatles pressings would in fact increase their business and bode well for them? Win Win :)

raq0915, Kevin55 and e.s. like this.
  24. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Excellent stuff. I hope the use the correct mixes on the BOWPROMO as some tracks are unique to that LP. I suspect they'll edit out the silly between songs chatter of the latter set. That's ok as they are really embarrassing (Bowie doing a dodgy cod-Italian accent).

25. Grow Fins

Grow Fins ...and leave you laaaaand-lubbing women alone

Well, I was just about relieved to hear that there was nothing in that list to make me sit in the cold in front of the record store hours before opening time, but the Townes Van Zandt live album does have me interested by now. Trouble is, you just know they won't have it...

Then again, I did get the Songs of Townes Van Zandt EP (which featured John Baizley of Baroness and Steve Von Till and Scott Kelly from Neurosis, to name a few) from Fat Kat records in Antwerp a few years back, so there might be a chance...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.