Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElevateMeLater

ElevateMeLater Jesus of Cool

Does anyone else get really excited for the soundtracks that get released? I seem to pick one up for every RSD/RSDBF.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was all up for
    Yes!

ElevateMeLater likes this.
  3. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Yeah, I was really excited the year they finally released High Fidelity. And I picked up Across the Universe. I am still waiting for the day they release the That Thing You Do soundtrack on vinyl!

4. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

The tension mounts.

5. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

How was Across The Universe?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. Mo0g

Mo0g Forum Resident

Well that's it, he was saying indie shops do the latter. The indie shop I go to does not do that, and I buy 'untrendy' stuff. I *could* imagine what they are thinking, and used to be a bit self conscious when I was a teenager and feel judged, and that increased the smaller the shop was. These days I just don't care. Last RSD I bought Bowie, Diana Ross and the vangelis picture disc!

7. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

UK folk - the new issue of the excellent Long Live Vinyl magazine has a full-size bonus magazine/booklet detailing all the 2018 releases. Out in a day or two, I think.

Kemosabi1, Purplefowler and Mo0g like this.
  8. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Now that I have spent more time looking at this list, this is no way even close to what the real list will be (we all know this), deeper labels taking advantage of RSD, and really wonder if these releases were even approved by the respective artists...now with that said, there does look like some interesting titles here...but I'm ready for the real deal.

9. SickAgain

SickAgain Active Member

Since when is Zeppelin corporate rock? I don't think you know what corporate rock is.

Sean, melkor_morgoth, hi_watt and 4 others like this.
  10. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I don't know what indie stores are like where you live, but the few near me carry everything - and they definitely do cater to "people like 'you'".
    You can buy the old standbys, as you mention, but every indie near me has so much new and "esoteric" music that I don't even believe a large chain would even go near.

I think your entire argument is severely flawed!!

hi_watt likes this.
  11. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Love to have Zeit once again. Foolishly sold it when I was desperate.

melkor_morgoth likes this.
  12. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

The last thing I want from an Indie store is to walk in to some stuck up hipster environment, where one thinks listening to LZ or The Dead is so uncool for their vibe there. A good music store (IMO) is where you walk in, music playing, customers talking to each other as they browse where you can find a nice used copy of Houses Of The Holy, Bitches Brew, or the latest from Parquet Courts and Cage The Elephant (are whatever your new like is) as examples and maybe walk out with something another customer recommended...

Now maybe we stay on course of what this thread is about and let these members that are not in to this sort of thing, go start their own thread about it...

13. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

Let's not forget "Hey Jude"/"Revolution" is having a big "Birthday" this year. April is a little early but "Hey", who knows? My dream RSD release would be to spotlight APPLE RECORDS 50th Birthday. A vinyl release of the "Come and Get It" best of Apple would be nice.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  14. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

He must mean people who listen to top 40. I'm guessing it's that since he mentions chart music and shopping at national chains. I expect that he'd been to some indie stores and was given a look for asking for some top 40 thing or maybe that never happened but he's heard about it happening so he doesn't go there. Either way, it's still a thread crap and he could easily have expressed his opinion in one of the "I don't like RSD threads" that have been started every year. Although I haven't seen one for RSD 2018 yet :)

scotti likes this.
  15. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Well I popped down to my local shop today and he had rsd balloons and badges at the ready. He was saying the full official uk list isn’t being released to the shops until the last minute and he has visions of launch night with him stuck at his printer whipping off copies for everyone! But he also didn’t not confirm some of the items on that Canadian list (he does have access to the orders, just not the final list as supplied by the rsd team). Obviously he couldn’t say yes to some stuff that I tried to quiz him about as he fully subscribes to the rules of rsd. But I will be getting up early for a fast and frightening morning’s shopping come April :D

Mr. Explorer and JeffMo like this.
  16. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

That Wire 7" single set on the Canadian list looks interesting. Is Pink Flag the band's own label? Also hope it's a precursor to a decent Wire reissue campaign that does not involve Beards.

Happy to see Pere Ubu's Terminal Tower getting a reissue.

Anyone want to take a guess which badly recorded Fall show with clip art cover will see the light of day?

Electric Sydney likes this.
  17. Embracetheday

I enjoy it! My copy sounds great and the discs are flat. Glad to have it on colored vinyl too.

chacha likes this.
  18. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

It is their label. I'm with you, do some decent re-releases (not on 4 Beards) . I mean, at least re-release Pink Flag.

Exit Flagger and Mr. Explorer like this.
  19. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I was never able to track down the "Across The Universe" album... though I must admit, I was somewhat disappointed that they didn't release the deluxe version on vinyl. I know it would have been probably 3-4 discs, but it would have made it more special for me.

Mr. Explorer and Embracetheday like this.
  20. Embracetheday

I think a lot of people shared in your disappointment there. My local store had a few copies on RSD so I was able to pick it up there...I had no idea (until I just searched) that people are paying $100 for it. That’s crazy. I guess I assumed they did a standard pressing after RSD was over. Hopefully they will at some point for those that couldn’t get it last year.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

Better yet, find some alternate takes / mixes of 'Lady Madonna', 'Hey Bulldog' or 'Across the Universe' and celebrate the other 1968 session that won't be excavated on any big White Album set.

Sean, joeislive, Mr. Explorer and 2 others like this.
  22. TerrapinMan

TerrapinMan New Member

Sneak Peek of Warner Bros. RSD titles. More to come later

CFG ARTIST TITLE
    A Adam Sandler They're All Gonna Laugh At You! (Explicit)(2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Air Sexy Boy (12" Picture Disc Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Anywhere Anywhere II (Color Vinyl) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Baby Huey The Baby Huey Story: The Living Legend (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Balmorhea Chime / Shone (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Blue Oyster Cult Blue Öyster Cult: Rarities Vol. 2 (Limited 2-LP Blue Vinyl Edition, (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Bunk Johnson Rare & Unissued Masters: Volume One (1943-1945) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Car Seat Headrest Twin Fantasy (Mirror To Mirror) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Celtic Frost Tragic Serenades
    S Cheech & Chong Up In Smoke (40th Anniversary Edition)(7" Green Vinyl Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Chris Bell I Am The Cosmos / You And Your Sister (45 RPM) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Dave Van Ronk Live at Sir George Williams University (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A David Bowie Now (White Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    MS David Bowie Let's Dance (Demo)(12" Vinyl Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A David Bowie Welcome To The Blackout (Live London ’78) (3LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Descendents Who We Are (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Disturbed The Lost Children (Explicit)(2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A DJ Spooky Presents Phantom Dancehall Phantom Dancehall (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    MS Dr. Dre Dre Day (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Duke Reid's All Stars & Roland Alphonso Judge Sympathy c/w Never to Be Mine (O Sole Mio) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Duran Duran Duran Duran Budokan (Live) (Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Eek-A-Mouse Ganja Smuggling (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Eric Clapton Rush (Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack)(Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Eric Clapton Complete Clapton (4LP w/Bonus 7" Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Europe Walk The Earth (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Fleet Foxes Crack-Up (Choral Version) / In The Morning (Live In Switzerland)(7" Vinyl Single) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Fleetwood Mac Tango In The Night Alternate (180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    MS Gary Clark Jr. and Junkie XL Come Together (Vinyl Picture Disc w/Comic Book & Poster) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Get Ready, Do Rock Steady: The 7" Vinyl Box Set Get Ready, Do Rock Steady: The 7" Vinyl Box Set (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Grateful Dead Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA 2/27/69 (4LP 180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Hawkwind Dark Matter (The Alternative Liberty / U.A. Years 1970 - 1974)(2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit Live From Twist & Shout 11.16.07 (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    MS Jesus Jones Zeroes And Ones - 25th Anniversary (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Jethro Tull Moths (10" Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    MS John Fogerty Centerfield (12" Picture Disc, (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A John Wesley Harding Greatest Other People's Hits (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Kevin Morby & Waxahatchee Farewell Transmission b/w The Dark Don't Hide It (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Kreator Behind the Mirror (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Lalo Schiffrin Enter The Dragon (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)(Picture Disc Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    S Led Zeppelin Rock and Roll / Friends (7" Yellow Vinyl Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Lil Uzi Vert Luv is Rage (Explicit)(Yellow Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Lil Uzi Vert The Perfect LUV Tape (Explicit)(Purple Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Linda Perhacs I'm A Harmony (2LP) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Linkin Park One More Light Live (Explicit)(2LP Color Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
    A Lou Reed Animal Serenade (3LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)

23. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

Grateful dead for me.

24. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I’m liking the BOC and Jethro Tull and of course Led Zeppelin

Colinjpush likes this.
  25. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Oh yeah!!! have vol 1 (my favorite RSD title from last year) and knew this was coming, this will be in high demand, if only the same 1000 copies...better get there early for this baby!

tinnox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.