Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I know I'm going out on a limb with this but my prediction is that popular 60's Beat combo The Doors will release something....

uzn007, Sean, panasoffkee and 2 others like this.
  2. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

It can't be RSD without a Big Star massive set of some type

uzn007, DanBNash, Brian Lux and 2 others like this.
  3. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

I've been reading online that the Pylon on LP do not sound due to poor mastering and whatnot, which made me hesitate to pick that one up. One pressing was for Pledge Music and the other for the general masses by Spinefarm, so I don't know what to pick yet... is the mastering better on LP than on CD/digital?

4. villiers terrace

villiers terrace Forum Resident

Definitely some more Small Faces this year.

fortherecord likes this.
  5. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I wish Garbage would continue their 10" singles and release No Horses. For that matter, I wish Depeche Mode would release their cover of Heroes...of course I think most of us could go on and on about what we'd like to see.

JeffMo likes this.
  6. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

No.

Former Scientist and marcb like this.
  7. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Yes! I hope the long-rumored 15 LP studio conversations box set.

uzn007, Walterdean, Defrance and 6 others like this.
  8. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

DumbMagician, MarkO and jdrueke like this.
  9. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

[​IMG]
    St Vincent was last year RSD Ambassador and we didn't get a special release from her

Masseduction was a great studio album released in 2017

10. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Whatever gets people into the store, I guess.

bibijeebies likes this.
  11. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well maybe not most. But leaving that out, he has a point. There are a fair number of people who do not care about provenance or mastering, etc and I've over heard and read many comments from vinyl fans stating they like the ticks and pops as it's part of the experience.

12. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Agreed, too many people are imagining an entire world of audiophiles out there. Most record collectors aren't audiophiles, even in today's niche market.

fortherecord likes this.
  13. jdrueke

jdrueke Handsome Man

Phish is overdue to drop "Billy Breathes" on vinyl. At this point, I don't care about some numbered version on colored vinyl with a poster, but that means a standard version will be available that much sooner.

whisper3978, Batman21 and seaisletim like this.
  14. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Do you know anything about the source? "Zeit" is a tricky album on vinyl, the 1972 Ohr original sounds lovely and is a great pressing. But: You've got to find a decent copy. Preferably with insert.

Orange is a strange colour choice. They should have chosen icy blue or deep cosmic black. Because when doing "Zeit" on vinyl sonics should have top priority. Not gimmicks.

15. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

I wish I knew about the source as well. I own a quad pressing, and for the life of me I cannot remember the label, and will check as soon as I get home. You are right about the sonics being top priority over the gimmicks.

Neonbeam likes this.
  16. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

A 45th anniversary version of Aladdin Sane on silver is out on April 20th. I would guess it will be held back to the Saturday.

uzn007 and tinnox like this.
  17. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

Pretty sure there will be a limited Harry styles, an expanded pink vinyl Ed Sheehan, and a Miley Cyrus box set with the last 4 LPs and a bonus phone case

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

For the eleventy billionth time, non-black colored vinyl is just non-black colored vinyl. In and of itself, it is just as capable of providing an audiophile listening experience (or not) as black colored vinyl.

Give me a choice and I’ll take the non-black colored vinyl everytime. Especially if it enhances the album package as a whole.

19. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Do you own a Spin Clean? AND if so...do you use it?

Chrome_Head and Alan G like this.
  20. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Had an enjoyable morning, that last RSD. Chatted with a few nice folks on line before opening, got the main item I was looking for and the person in front of me was kind enough to actually get me a copy of another LP I was looking for.

Sorry to hear that your RSD was less than pleasant.

JeffMo and Grow Fins like this.
  21. Django

Django Forum Resident

Its all perception I suppose....

Gaslight likes this.
  22. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

Can we keep out discussions about color vs. black, cleaning, RSD sucks or nor your favorite, etc., and keep this neat?

23. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Me Too!
    [​IMG]

jdrueke and keef00 like this.
  24. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Did you(or anyone else on here) buy the Tangerine Dream Black Friday RSD 2107 Release(Electronic Meditation)?
    If so, how was the quality of the Sound and Pressing? Was it Black or Color Vinyl?
    I was listening to that album(EM) on Youtube and liked the early(Post Syd) Pink Floyd Space Rock Sound of that album, as was not familiar with Tangerine Dream(I need to check out their other albums).

25. And we're off for 2018!

mj_patrick, Grow Fins and hi_watt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.