Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

Bring on a 50th Anniversary Lady Madonna single!

aarsonbet and tinnox like this.
  2. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

I bought the RSD Garbage reissue and it is excellent, thank you very much.

Sean, havenz, AZRunner and 3 others like this.
  3. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

So you’ve seen the list?

4. cwd

no, the RSD-exclusive reissue from a year or so back.

5. cwd

I HATE RSD! I HATE RSD!I HATE RSD!

ArpMoog likes this.
  6. cwd

why do people waste time with "clever" comments like this and why do people "like" them?

7. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

I just thought it was funny that people kept guessing the Doors release and they were all wrong. You’re gonna be eating your words if my prediction for s correct.

Sean, TonyCzar, troggy and 1 other person like this.
  8. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I liked it because I have a sense of humor. Okay, maybe it wasn't that funny.

Sean, dkurtis, Paully and 1 other person like this.
  9. cwd

I suppose I am not amused by flatulence humor, although if the point was a jab at the ever-present Doors RSD presence, I get that.

troggy likes this.
  10. Kevin j is wrong - the Doors release is going to be a picture disc compiling Jim Morrison's stage patter, a la Having Fun With Elvis On Stage or those Robert Pollard albums.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  11. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I thought it was funny because I was picturing die-hard Doors fans lining up for even that.

12. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

It's funny you are saying this because "Electronic Meditation" is from 1970 and was designed for vinyl. It's radically different from all other TD albums, this and "Zeit" - which again is totally different - are probably their two most extreme studio releases. I guess "Atem" would be a better starting point for early TD.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  13. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Because SOME of the releases seem to be done purely for collectibility rather than for substance. The 12" of "Ghostbusters" in a foam, marshmallow shaped cover, for example. It's fun, I suppose, but is it necessary? Certainly, some jaundiced eye view of some of the releases is deserved.

Sean, Paul H and DHamilton like this.
  14. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

any Beatles this time?

15. Kat Records

That one isn't a RSD Release, it was a 10" single of Ray Parker jr song, with remixes in 2014.

16. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Are you sure about that? I remember it being release for one RSD. I could be wrong, but it is typical of some of the types of releases you get for RSD. On the other hand, you do get some seriously good releases, such as the ones that Resonance Records does on vinyl.

17. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

marshmallow packaging was not RSD for a time it was exclusive on the ghostbusters website and fool I am bought it cause I am a big ghostbusters fan. vinyl sounded terrible though there was really no point to it given it was just two songs you can get anywhere on earth so didn't bother complaining. did smell like marshmallow though!

of course I then saw it in shops and it has since been marked down significantly so that was a poor purchase on my part but no sense regretting oughta pull it out and see how the scent is holding up.

Derek Slazenger and hi_watt like this.
  18. cwd

Some glow-in-the-dark or something like that of Ghostbusters was an RSD--maybe not an exclusive and with a later re-release-don't know because I had and have no interest in it. Stuff like Wrecking Ball, Robert Johnson, Lush, Afrika Bambati (sp.?), DeeLite (sp. again?), Garbage, The Cardigans, The Doors (the live one on blue, and I'm not a big Doors fan), Otis Redding, Black Swan, Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, Bee Gees 12" double single, Sun Ra, Neko Fox, Afghan Whigs (Black Love, not so much the Gentlemen repress, except for Mr. Superlove)...some of this stuff is among my most favored material for listening. I've purchased two things purely for "collecting"-the BOC demo stuff (traded for Sun Ra) and Blade Runner picture disc (sold it after deciding I could live without it-not one for picture discs). Usually some good stuff in there, and some people's junk are other people's treasured artifacts, I guess.

19. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

There's no question about that.

20. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

At this point, nothing strikes my fancy. Yet I don't feel the need to damn the event or predict its failure. I'll take a walk to my local record store in the early afternoon, like I always do, and look around. No big deal if there's nothing of interest on the day, there's more than enough music made available all year round.

21. Kat Records

this one was the RSD 2014 release:

[​IMG]

and yes, it is in my collection. like the song, but not the whole ost

Kyhl and The Hud like this.
  22. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

Don’t worry it’s not.

23. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

I was talking about Warped vinyl,non fill,scratches,pops and clicks,bad sound quality and terrible quality control. I have never once had any issues with any Doors reissue from RSD or The Doors.com. 100% Happy here!

Pats Radio likes this.
  24. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

RSD complete list coming March 6th, at least what I'm told...

Here's to some good releases!

Sean, cwd, Paully and 3 others like this.
  25. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Yep my local record shop posted their launch night blurb today for the 6th March. I can’t wait personally, I loved every bit of last year which was my first. Plus he gets great coffee and cakes in so it’s a double winner! Hoping there will be some good stuff on the list as the shop owner ain’t giving any clues away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.