Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaz

chaz Senior Member

Are the David Bowie releases RSD only or will they end up as standard releases down the road?

2. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

3. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

Two of my favorite RSD scores are 78's, The Beach Boys "Good Vibrations" and Elvis Presley's "My Happiness".

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Curious as it's being offered by distributors (well one) in Canada to purchase by shops. It's not on the RSD Canada list but it is being offered.

5. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

What are the prices like?

I'm mainly interested in the Brian Eno/Kevin Shields 12", David Sylvian and The Human League ones.

If money is left I may plump for Pink Floyd, Jeff Buckley, but I am confident that they will end up coming out a while after RSD (although still waiting for Bowie's Cracked Actor, but I reckon that will out in the next year or so)

6. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

I am only really interested in the Doors Matrix part 2, so now am debating if it is worthwhile to arrive at 6 am, wait for 3 hours on the chance that someone in front of me doesnt snag the one copy my store will have? I think I have just talked myself into taking my chance in the after market. Grant Green and the Neil Young are other titles but they will be getting wide release on cd after RSD, so I guess I am out this year.

7. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

RSD only, but, with the exception of the live album, the other three will be available in stores for quite some time after the event, much like last years PROMO.

The live album is also likely to get a cd release in a few months like "Golden Years" did last year.

AlienRendel and chaz like this.
  8. Fa La La

9. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

10. Fa La La

Dig the 90125 sweatshirt.

11. dee

dee Senior Member

J_D__ and Clarkophile like this.
  12. dee

dee Senior Member

The Van Morrison Alternative Moondance is a tempting purchase to me. I have read today it is a 2 LP set after having thought I read it was a single LP set. I wonder which takes are being used that were on the 4 cd set...plus on the RSD release there is an alternate mix or take? of And It Stoned Me. Then there's an extra Crazy Love. Wish there was a little more detailed info on this release...

13. Fa La La

What country is this a RSD release in? I don't see it on the US or UK lists?

dee likes this.
  14. dee

dee Senior Member

It turns out it seems it's an 'unofficial' release....from '1960's Records'
    I didn't know that when following up on a reply post. Sorry.

15. mojomorrison

mojomorrison Forum Resident

My Local record store did a bunch of unboxing videos of New RSD Titles. There on Youtube.

Twinsfan007, TonyCzar and hi_watt like this.
  16. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

I'm digging all of these. His pick list is pretty close to mine!

17. Didn’t show Beau Brummels Bradley Bsrn.

18. asodoma

asodoma Senior Member

I just had this in my hands today. I think the sticker said $24.99 on it. And on the back cover it had Chris Bellman's name on it. The songs all had which takes they were. I'm pretty certain it was just a single LP, though.

dee likes this.
  19. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Brian eno - £15.99 (3 copies)
    David sylivisn -£31.99 (5 copies)
    Human league - £28,99 (2 copies)

Pink Floyd - £29.99 (50 copies)
    Jeff Buckley - £49.99 (7 copies)
    I hope that all helps :)

englishbob likes this.
  20. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Thank you!

A little bit of RSD tax applied there, but the glaring one is Pink Floyd's single LP!

21. Fa La La

I can't predict the future but here's what they are saying now

David Bowie - David Bowie - 'RSD First' Release
    David Bowie - Welcome To The Blackout (Live in London '78) - RSD Exclusive Release
    David Bowie - Let's Dance (Full Length Demo) - RSD Exclusive Release
    David Bowie - Bowie Now - Exclusive Release

I don't imagine it will be hard to come by any of these.

22. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

I’ve seen prices all over the place for the Floyd from £29.99 to £39.99. I guess it will be one of the big draws of the day for a lot of people so they really can get away with charging what they want (and yes, it’s on my list too!)

englishbob likes this.
  23. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I'm hoping to hit a few shops on Monday... all I really want is the Bobbie Gentry BBC lp... and maybe the Johnny Cash Folsom Prison 50th anniversary set.

24. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

blast it, just looked at there list and Black Circle have stuff my local shop doesn't have, I really want to support my local store as he has been open less than a year and its his first RSD (although he has had enough of my money already) but I will have to travel out of town to get anything that would interest me which defeats supporting your "local" independent store

Purplefowler likes this.
  25. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I hear a lot of people telling horror stories of pushing and shoving and trampling. Is that really how it is at your local shops on rsd? I have been doing rsd/bf rsd since 2010 and where I go we all line up and hang out. Sometimes we leave and get food and keep each others place in line. Some times we all go have breakfast together around 7 then come back to line up again. On black Friday someone usually brings space heaters, if it's raining someone usually brings a tent. It's always laid back. We just listen to music and hang out. Did I just get lucky where i go or do others have this experience as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.