Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

apple-richard, RiRiIII and Shawn like this.
  2. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I thought about that Soundgarden and Zappa. They look nice. My must have list is:
    Led Zeppelin Friends
    Small Faces Lazy Sunday
    Sugar Ray Fly
    Harry Nilsson ***** Cats
    Chris Robinson Brotherhood Raven's Reels Vol. 1

3. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

That Small Faces looks really cool, ONGF is one of my all time favorite albums! I want the LZ but those two songs will most likely end up on the Zepp album coming later...

4. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

This version of Lumpy Gravy is actually my favorite thing he ever did by a mile.

scotti likes this.
  5. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Which Zep album? I haven't heard anything. Also I heard there is a ONGF 50th anniversary 3 LP box coming but I haven't seen pre orders. Heard anything?

6. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Page is working on an entire LZ album of unreleased stuff slated for release later this year hopefully...

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  7. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

According to Bullmoose, it is the mono mix:

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties

Is this a mistake?

8. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Never really heard this version until as of late and I like Zappa very much...you have to admit this is really out there like a lot of his great stuff and not really for the average fan which I consider myself much more than that. Might have worded this wrong at first...been buying so much vinyl lately that I'm trying harder to justify what I'm getting, but to no avail...been sucked in to the black hole with no return in sight.

9. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

10. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

11. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I hope not but thought this was stereo, if this is mono, then a must have for me...thanks for posting, but we should try and confirm...

12. WorldB3

WorldB3 Forum Resident

mooseman likes this.
  13. oldsiamsir

oldsiamsir Forum Resident

scotti likes this.
  14. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

15. Trace

Trace Senior Member

I bought 2-3 Judas Priest reissues with the We Are Vinyl stickers on them and I thought they sounded terrific! Maybe that other person had some issues, but, personally, I would buy without hesitation.

VatiBobo and hi_watt like this.
  16. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

Cool. I don't think that it's going to be an issue. The label for the release that the previous poster referenced (Jeff Buckley) is Legacy. We Are Vinyl just seems to be a the name for Sony's online store for buying vinyl direct and for downloading digital copies from the download cards.

Satchidananda likes this.
  17. VatiBobo

Interesting article, thanks for sharing. Sunrise seem to fall into a grey area where they are independent in terms of ownership but, as a newly enlarged chain, they don't fit the conventional picture of what people see as an independent records store. As long as what Sunrise say in the article is correct - they want the smaller independent stores to have precedence over them for stock allocation and they are focussing on their own stores in areas that don't have other record stores - then I don't really see too much of a problem with them being involved. If them participating means that people can get some of the records on the day when they would otherwise have no other realistic way of getting them, then that's a positive. I think, though, that it's fair to regularly review their participation in case their ownership structure changes or the distribution system becomes unfair.

18. I heard Sun Ra isnt going to make it in time, pressing delays.?.?.

19. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Well, from speaking to shops that I know of, RSD will have an added benefit for me this year! A shop that I've never been to before (but have had it recommended to me by friends), a 40 minute drive away from me, confirmed that they will have titles I'm hoping to get!

So it looks like I'll be there on RSD! Just a shame that the ones closest to me either will not be getting those titles or are not participating anymore. Kind of defeats the purpose of supporting the local shops! I support them anyway any other time of the year, but RSD is supposed to be more of an event for those shops, isn't it? My local shops aren't getting my business on a day that's geared to drive business for them!

20. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Is it really that intense at record stores on RSD? Do things sell out really quickly, i.e. does one need to get to a store early? What is the general stock like?

21. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Depends. The store I always go to only have 1 copy of 4 of what's on my want list. I'll be there tomorrow night and camp out to ensure I'm able to get what I want (it's actually it's usually really fun and I look forward to the ritual every year).

22. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

totally dependent on the store and your location. I used to go to the bay area to amoeba because they get a crazy amount of stock so you know what you want will be there but they also get a crazy number of people. they put everything out and you all just have to run in can get pretty wild. I know some stores keep it behind the counter and you fill out a little list.

lately I have been staying in sac and going to some slightly smaller stores they leave stuff out so is a bit of a rush but less people so more civilized. definitely need to get there before it opens if you wanna good shot at getting the most desired items.

my favorite story from amoeba though was there was a guy loudly complaining about how amoeba puts out the items so it is a mad rush so even if he got there early he wasn't necessarily 100% guaranteed what he wanted. so eventually I guess he missed something so he was swearing at amoeba workers and making a ruckus in line so an amoeba employee came and told him to leave the store and give up everything else he had managed to get. at that point he broke down and was near tears begging them to at least let his wife check out with the items he had gotten. was pretty glorious.

so try and be civil to others and employees out there.

23. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Beatles RSD this year, 2018?
    McCartney ?
    Beach Boys ?
    Big Star ?

24. VatiBobo

Here's a link to the webpage with the titles announced so far: RECORD STORE DAY 2018 . There's an option to search within the webpage, or view as a PDF (if you go back to the homepage).

Yvan_T and alexpop like this.
  25. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

That's a fantastic story! The store I visit has everything out by format in alphabetical order in one part of the store. They let people in 10 at a time and you go through the aisles in the same order (they hand out tickets). Everyone is super cool about things and there's no arguing or pushing.

gojikranz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.