Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grow Fins

Grow Fins ...and leave you laaaaand-lubbing women alone

That may well be true - but then again, Resonance are one of the few labels that I know I can trust to put out a great-sounding jazz record. Their releases have been stellar every year and that's why I am buying them (if my store gets them, that is), regardless of the big pricetag. I'd rather pay full whack for that than for the poorly executed rehashes that tend to fill the jazz shelf...

Jimijam and Twinsfan007 like this.
  2. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Whatv are the Green titles priced at?

3. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

70 and 50

4. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

Sleep would be cool. Where did you hear this?

5. jonnyhambone

jonnyhambone Forum Resident

AZRunner likes this.
  6. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Just out of curiosity, Bull Moose is the go-to online site for RSD leftovers, is there a UK equivalent? Would like to get the two records I am after if I can so was wondering. Shipping will probably be prohibitive but worth a shot if there is an option or two. Thanks!

7. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

banquet records is usually what I try though beware their servers inevitably crash when stuff goes on sale. in the UK they have to wait a week to put stuff online as well

Paully likes this.
  8. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

That's not cheap...though Resonance does put out great stuff.

Thanks!

9. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

10. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Super bummed...won't be able to make it to a store in the morning for the Soundgarden release (I'm assuming they'll all be gone). :mudscrying:

11. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

Jimijam likes this.
  12. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

Is the difference mostly because the price includes 21% tax?

13. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

My understanding is that Wax Trax got busted for some rule infraction a few years ago and so they no longer participate. There used to be an Angelo's close to home which worked well for me since there were virtually no lines. They do jack up the price considerably for RSD items compared to say, Bullmoose. But if you gotta have it . . . . I'll probably go to Angelo's on S. Broadway this year but not until after the initial rush. Because of their inflated prices, I kind of hope they sell what I'm interested in. Non-rock items would not appeal to a typical Angelo's customer, so that could be good news (if they get an item) or bad (if they don't bother).

mantis4tons likes this.
  14. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

My RSD participation flashed before my eyes this afternoon when my car refused to start and there was no sign of life. Fearing a big repair bill and/or no car available to drive to the store on Saturday, I thought that RSD for me was going to be as much of a non-starter as the car was. Thankfully after some messing around it's now fully operational once more and the money that I had spent in my head on a car repair can once more be allocated to something really useful - records :D

Jimijam, rswitzer, SteveCooks and 7 others like this.
  15. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Isn't that title an RSD first release? In other words standard black vinyl to follow in a few months.

Boomy likes this.
  16. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Oh I didn't know. That's great!

17. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Too popular of a title to not have in print!

18. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

It's a pressing of 5000. I think they'll be some floating around. And if not, as Jeff said, a regular release is to follow. Soundgarden shouldn't be a problem.

JeffMo likes this.
  19. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

I doubt a Soundgarden greatest hits album will be hard to find.

troggy and Nightswimmer like this.
  20. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

Or here: 80 and 110 - Euros! So that is 95 and 130$ roughly.

21. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

See, I do not understand part of this logic at all. Like you, I have been supporting local record stores for decades (God, I am old!), so we agree on this. But why do I have to prove even more by getting up in the middle of the night to stand in line? Why is not reasonable that I can preorder the stuff I want? It makes sense for the store (they know what to expect) and for me (I can go there any time). And let the people wait in line and fight in front of the boxes who are one-time customers. Does that not make sense to you?

TonyCzar and johnnybrum like this.
  22. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

I preordered in my little store 1 month ago

I pick up my oreder this morning. No line, no camping and no ebay buying. Ok i miss one lp out off ten, but I scored most wanted

Piper
    Majestic
    All Bowie lp’s
    Lou Reed

23. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

I totally get what you are saying and I don’t disagree. But once a year to gain maximum exposure isn’t much to ask. I too preorder most stuff throughout the year and I am a “bread and butter” customer. But a Big Bang once a year helps give the shop more exposure and hopefully will get more people coming to the shop through the rest of the year. Us mad fools who queue up early are just helping bring attention to the shop which will hopefully generate more revenue and business so he will be able to buy more stock and will in turn mean I can buy more records through the year. That’s my (probably flawed) logic anyway :D

Nightswimmer likes this.
  24. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Has anyone ever been to RoughTrade for RSD in the UK? Do they tend to display all the stuff on racks or do you have to sift through boxes like at a record fair?

25. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

You already got your titles...how? They can't be sold or shipped until 4/21 I thought, or did I misread this?...how lucky!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.