Record Store Day - U.K. 40th Anniversary Release - Scratchy as H

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audioborg, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audioborg

audioborg New Member Thread Starter

Has anyone else purchased this release and played it yet? I opened my copy and the opening track is filled with scratches that continue until at least the transition into the second track. I returned the copy and brought home a second copy - same thing. Both copies were cleaned prior to play - the first with my Spin Clean, the second with a VPT.

Wonder if this is a prolific issue with the pressing?

AB

2. ejnwow

ejnwow Forum Resident

I have the same experience as audioborg -- only a couple of visible surface marks, but surface noise throughout, improving only during the tail end of the last track on side two. Production/mastering is fine -- maybe a tad on the bright side -- but the pressing quality is way below average. My copy has all of the music intact, so I am keeping it, however, I am going to send a message to Eddie Jobson, asking him to consider a recall for those Record Store Day shoppers who purchased one of these. I think he should investigate the pressing plant to find out what happened. Knowing he is a stickler for details, he may already be on this one.

3. george2210

george2210 Forum Resident

Same experience here, i think it's no fill.

4. asodoma

asodoma Senior Member

Same issue here, too. Record looks great, but that noise is just rotten. I've had Rainbo pressed records that play better. :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.