Record stores in Ohio & Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by panicproject, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident

Wow, there are a lot of recommendations here that aren't very good. I went to Columbus last year and found nothing redeeming. If Used Kids is the best store in the area, it's pretty slim pickins. In Pittsburgh I've only found Jerry's and The Attic worth a stop. As far as Cleveland, the best I've found is A Separate Reality. It's like Jerry's Lite, though I sensed when trying to unload some extra vinyl there that they are struggling to stay afloat, which is sad. And if anyone recommends The Vinyl Groove in Bedford, OH, stay clear unless you like a bad attitude. But my judgements are based on the Classic Alt selections at these places, which is still minimal at the ones I do like. But the other places that I didn't care for are great for dollar bin and thrift store standards.

2. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

So actually there are a lot of recommendations here that aren't very good for your particular main genre of interest. Way to bury the lede.