Recording onto MD from max. CDs played on my DVD player vs. the built-in CD player

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by BradOlson, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

I've done an experiment with the maximized CD version of Buddy Holly I have (the 2 CD set) by having a CD played in the DVD player and the input selected in Analog mode as everything I have is connected with RCA analog cables. When I set the Analog input db and started recording, the sound quality of the MD transfer sounded very similar to Steve's remaster played on the CD player built in to the MD deck. If I record a maximized CD onto MD using the built-in CD player, the result is that the MD transfer is still maximized.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

When the CD is mastered with cramped dynamics, the levels are going to "peg" wherever you put the input level on the MD....

And if you do it digitally, the same CD mastered "hot" will record the same. Played back, depending on your unit, it may keep "clipped" over 0db. :( I own a deck similar to yours, but no built in CD.

3. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

Yes, that is true with my deck as well. BTW, CD burning and MD co-exist here in my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.