RECORDING STUDIOS ~ The Famous and Great!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

No? Then, where?

2. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

George Lucas' dating chronicles revealed in Brian Jay Jones book | Daily Mail Online

LP Discography: Linda Ronstadt - Canciones De Mi Padre - El Sol Que Tu Eres

Plz show your evidence that CDMP was NOT recorded at Skywalker Ranch.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary Well-Known Member

Looks like it WAS cut at Skywalker, shame we don't have any u-tube footage of the session, wonder what console was used? I listened to it on our so-so car system this a.m., blew my socks off again!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  4. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

No sure about the console for the session. But it is known that Skywalker Ranch has been using the Neve such as VXS and 88R.

Mike Leary likes this.
  5. Mike Leary

The mark of a killer engineer playing a over the top studio, is, no matter what audio system it is played on, be it a portable player, average car system, or kick-ass home system, it SOUNDS GREAT! That is hard to do.

Fullbug likes this.
  6. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Norman petty''s recording studio in clovis new mexico.....where Buddy Holly laid it all out....someday I want to drive cross country just to visit that MECCA!!!

Fullbug likes this.
  7. Mike Leary

Would be interesting to know if it's still there. The one that IS NOT, is the studio in Arizona, where Lee Hazlewood did Duane Eddy's great stuff. The console is in a museum, and the water tower that they used as 'the biggest echo chamber in the world', is gone. "The Twang's the Thang'. !:whistle:

Sebastian saglimbenI likes this.
  8. Sebastian saglimbenI

Well I did a Google search and this was a year ago.....the studio was located above a gas station garage.....obviously a lot could have changed in a year so......

9. Mike Leary

I'd pay serious money to walk in and have someone fire-up the original masters!

10. Sebastian saglimbenI

Oh yeah.....the ghosts in thathe studio!!!Lubbock by the way would be definite stop as well....I know there's a museum for buddy there... bid black rimmed eye glasses is the logo!!I live on long Island not far from the site in Hempstead where the Isley bros. Recorded....also not far from where w.l.i.r. radio broadcast from....where gram parsons and the fallen angels recorded and broadcast that amazing album..."live 1973"!!!

11. blehman

blehman Forum Resident

How about Long View Farm in North Brookfield, MA. They hosted Aerosmith, Arlo Guthrie, Alice In Chains, The J. Geils Band, Pat Metheny, Uncle Tupelo, and of course The Rolling Stones...........

[​IMG]

Long live the memory of founder Gil Markle(RIP 2015), who was the owner and founder, but also a professor at Clark University in Worcester, MA.

12. Mike Leary

"Twist & Shout", was THAT the most copped song by local bands in history? My band sure played it, and the kids went nuts!
    Gram Parsons sure changed pop music, died early, great story of his friends stealing his body and laying him to rest in the desert.

13. Sebastian saglimbenI

Yes...."grand theft parsons" was the title!I found a cut-out dvd of the movie at one of those "dollar stores"!!better movie then I expected.....freaky space Cowboys back then!"live 1973" is one of my favorite albums....emmylou Harris is so amazing on that album!the isley brothers....."twist & shout" to "between the sheets".....not a bad run!!!

14. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

'The Rock, has become a tourist attraction'? (sean connery)

15. Claus

Claus Senior Member

There are many famous studios, but Sound City is my favorite. They had a unique drum sound, used by many Rock artists.

16. Sebastian saglimbenI

Wow....thanks for this informative video....I need to keep the old El Camino tuned and running well enough for the drive out to clovis!!!it would be a fun fun road trip!!I have a dvd packaged with a "20 greatest hits" of buddy holly!!!the dvd does discuss the Norman petty studio and all the connected musicians!the dvd has all the ed Sullivan appearances of buddy & the crickets in great quality....the c.d. is pretty great too!

Rick Bartlett and McLover like this.
  17. McLover

McLover Senior Member

And Rhythm & Blues, Blues, Country, and Bluegrass coexisted at King. And many of those songs got recorded in more than one style, by the way.

18. McLover

McLover Senior Member

This photo, the Thorens, the Tannoys, are McLover Approved and Endorsed. I approve this post, and love this photo.

19. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

20. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Also note this console, like Sun's and many early consoles, was a modified broadcast console, in this case a Collins from the 1950's.

No Static and Rick Bartlett like this.
  21. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras

Advision Studios in London:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spadeygrove, tdavis0903 and petem1966 like this.
  22. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

23. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Haven't seen this thead pop up in awhile .. So sorry I lost all my posted photos.
    Now on imgur.com and all is good now.

Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, AL.
    Bob Dylan
    [​IMG]

oboogie, No Static and Spadeygrove like this.
  24. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

In the Summer of 1972 I drove down to Bama to see family and I detoured to Muscle Shoals to see the famous studio.
    I walked in and I talked to a lady at the desk and told her I'm a music fan and would like to tour the studio, she said that would be alright.
    No one else was there and I walked around, the only thing that I saw that I identified with was some original logo stickers of Shelter Records stuck on the glass between the booth and the studio.
    [​IMG]

Spadeygrove likes this.
  25. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

There were two very famous studios there actually...
    Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, and the legendary FAME studio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.