Recording The Everly Brothers' "Cathy's Clown"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John B, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Cas Walker, WROL and WBIR Radio and TV, were very much a part of my upbringing, and very much the Everly Brothers. Still love these records today and never tire of hearing them, even though I have heard them many thousands of times. A legendary thread!!!

2. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

'inch per second', but... I'm lost there too. :shake:

3. sixelsix

sixelsix Forum Resident

AMAZING info here. 1,000,000 thanks to Doug.

d.r.cook likes this.
  4. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

It's not a sample. Its a piece of blank recording tape in a loop. It's a way of taking a sound and creating a duplicate of that sound which can be delayed slightly or drastically and that can create an echo effect or make it sound like the thing being recorded is doubled. In this case it was the drums on the songs bridge.

beccabear67 likes this.
  5. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Everly Brothes made some wonderful records. I have all of the Bear Family box sets and I listen to them frequently.
    Glad I had the chance to see them in concert at least once.

6. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

yeah, ol' Cas was a winner--friend of the workin' man and all. that little calypso jingle he used in summer: "Cas Walker's melon's are thumpin' good" was a true ear worm!

McLover likes this.
  7. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

My favorite EB song. It's never gets old. It's always an event when I hear it.

8. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Always my favorite Bros tune. Had a girlfriend named Cathy in high school and I used to joke this was my song. She'd reply YEAH RIGHT!

This song made me realize I wasn't cool.

In summer 1989 I was just about to turn 19 and had this blasting on the radio with the windows down. At a red light I noticed ppl in other cars staring at me in disbelief. This wasn't the song most others usually jammed to but I sure did!!!

John B Good likes this.
  9. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Amazing song, and such a change of pace from the Cadence records days.

I remember (probably in 2010) posting that CC was 50 years old. Of course I should have stated that the record was 60 ;)

BTW I remember seeing a Youtube video of John Lennon playing with Cathy's Clown.

I really only started collecting the Everly's music in the early 60s (How Can I Meet Her was the song that made me buy The Golden Hits) and from that point on began buying anything I could find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.