Rectify - Sundance Channel

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Malina, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

I just started binge watching Rectify ... again for the fifth time now.
    I think it was one of the greatest series in years.. up there with Sopranos and Breaking Bad. Still. Love it like I did when it originally aired .. An absolute gift
    to watch. The scene with Kermit and Daniel in the field is one of the greatest dream sequences ever..
    My highest recommendation..
    Ray McKinnon.. someone to keep your eye on.

GodShifter and Encuentro like this.
  2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It flew under the radar for some strange reason. It’s a great show. I would like to revisit it someday.

The encounter between Daniel and Tawny in the motel room was refreshingly unpredictable by modern television standards and far sweeter and more moving than the motel encounter one would expect to see in a modern television drama.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Maranatha5585 likes this.
  3. Maranatha5585

Yes, I concur .. The casting was superb.
    These people played the characters so well, it was sometimes too much.
    It hit me deeply, a very moving storyline. I see Ray Mckinnon is doing some acting in the ''Mayans MC'' which I hadn't started on, but will now look for the couple he did. He has a few things in pre / post production.. but nothing as a director or writer..

I really hope he did not get too down over ''Rectify'' not getting more buzz..
    I think he is extremely underrated as a writer, director, producer and actor.
    I was hoping to see many of the actors take off a bit more since the show..

Encuentro likes this.
  4. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I can’t recall seeing any of the actors before or since. It’s as if they existed just for this show. It’s amazing because they are so damn good at what they do. They had me believing that they were these characters, so much so that I became very upset, on the verge of tears, when Daniel was attacked in the cemetery at the end of season 1. I cared so much for the character.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  5. Maranatha5585

Yes, I thought the same thing..
    the actress who played sister Amantha, had a fairly successful show for a couple seasons based on a time travel machine in primetime.
    But the others, I have not seen hardly anywhere.. Daniel's lawyer popped up again for his role as a deranged CIA op in last years reprise of ''Prison Break''.

Encuentro likes this.
  6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Wasn't a player from Rectify the actor who got fired from Lethal Weapon?

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  7. Maranatha5585

Yes.. I didn't know anything about this.. I just looked it up, never saw the show.

8. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Yup that’s Clay Crawford. They fired the wrong guy though.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.