Refused new product / money back for dish-warped record

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Ola Rundberget, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ola Rundberget

Ola Rundberget Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi, i tried to return a copy of Creedence's Pendulum album last week at an independent record store.
    It had a dish warp, and it was audbile at the last three tunes on one side.
    The seller then told me that they could not return the record as the factory would not accept it - because dish warps/warps were to expected for a record in the 19-25 USD price-class. If it had been an Audiophile one, then they could return it..

Also, the stuipd argument that the store would not survive the month if they gave folks their money back for dish-warp records was brought up.

And then some stupid story of why they got dish-warped in the first place.. no root in reality as he never mentioned shrink-wrapping the record before it had cooled down..

So, what are my options? I just lost 19USD because of a seller in a store..
    (Pardon me if there is some wrong words etc.. im Norwegian )

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

If you bought it through eBay, you should be able to return the record for refund. If you bought it from an independent seller or store you probably have little chance of a refund.

3. Ola Rundberget

I bought it at a record store.

4. Ola Rundberget

Any particilure reason for why i have little chance for a refund? I mean, does not audible warps go in under the section pressing defects?

5. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

I thought you bought on line- I'm sorry, that's a terrible assumption! Long live record stores! So yes, they should refund your money. I see no reason you should get stuck with defective merchandise purchased at a store. They are hurting their business by not allowing you to return the record. Did you talk to the store manager or owner about it?

6. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

1. Check your rights as a consumer sold defective product, under Norwegian law. In many countries you may be able to persuade the authorities to take up your case against the store.
    2. Contact the LP distributor. They may make good what the store will not.
    3. Never shop at this store again.
    4. Hate to say this, but vinyl records today seem to be plagued with difficulties that were rare back in the day. Either seek out used vinyl (and accept the extra cost and aggravation), or reconsider whether the digital option with its enormous convenience really is a compromise too far.

7. Ola Rundberget

Ahh, my mistake! :) Ha yeah - they make up their own rules ( above thoose made by the government)
    I did send them an email, explaining the situation, and i will call them on monday if no email has been recived.

8. Ola Rundberget

I have, and i have asked the Norwegian Consumer Board before, and they specified that the seller is responsible, and i have already a case ready if they continiue to do so.
    Ive already stopped shopping at another one, because of this.

I really hate it. And i spend so much energy on quarreling with the employees at the record stores..

9. Malinky

Malinky Almost a Gentleman.

Not sure about Norway, but in the UK it is the law that `GOODS MUST BE OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND FIT FOR PURPOSE` obviously your product FAILS on both counts.
    You are entitled to your money back, if the retailer refuses then you must report it to your Trading Standards Authority.
    By the way your English is fine. :)

10. Ola Rundberget

We have the same rules here.

There is a shortcoming when the product does not meet to the requirements of the specifications, quantity, quality, other characteristics and packaging provided at the time of purchase.
    Thanks ;)

11. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

You could always tell them this guy is a close friend and music lover, and will be paying them a visit soon to discuss their return policy.
    [​IMG]

12. Ola Rundberget

Hahaha :D I can always send my mom. She is is dangerous when someone is not treated nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.