Rega Elex-R, anyone?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TVC15, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I just dropped some coin on an Elex-R and a pair of RX3s in cherry, sight unseen and should be arriving in a week or so. Will post comments. Now if someone can clue me in as to how to post pictures I'll include some.

btf1980, bhazen, Robert C and 2 others like this.
  2. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

Please do! I'm working on a system upgrade now and am considering an all Rega set up. I also purchased an Elex R this month, but it sadly sits in a box in the basement, waiting for the rest of the components, which I am saving for. I would like the RX3 also but they are pushing past my budget. The local dealer has RS3 in stock, so those may be an option. Have not ruled out Rx1 either, but I have no stands, so that has to be factored into the overall price.

3. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I have a source to speakers Rega system and have been very happy with it.

bhazen likes this.
  4. timind

timind phorum rezident

bhazen likes this.
  5. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

timind likes this.
  6. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I almost purchased an Elex-R but decided on the Creek Evolution 50A instead. The main factor was price as the Creek was $500 cheaper. Also the Creek seemed to get good reviews across the board. I kind of wish I had had a chance to audition the Rega though and it would have been nice to do a direct comparison with the Creek before I bought.

7. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Don't think I'll be uploading photos, these hosting sites make me too nervous!

8. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

nervous about what?

9. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

What does it consist of?

10. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I wouldn't discount the RS3s. I've read glowing reviews and forum posts about them and recently in the December Hi-Fi Choice I read a vary favorable review of the RX1 and either of these I believe are going to make great synergy with the Elex-R. I wish you well with your endeavor. I hope your amp as with mine will be a solid basis for a new and awesome sounding system.

11. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

As far as Pinterest is concerned I'm more interested in posting my own photos rather than using someone else's and Photobucket appears to include fees and its not something I want to have to pay for. Its unfortunate that I can't upload directly from my computer like I can on another site.

12. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

In my Profile: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/members/ntotrar.37844/

I have a pair of RS3 and they sound great with my Brio R. If you can find a set I would recommend them with Rega amplification.

13. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I use Photo Bucket and have never payed a thing.

timztunz likes this.
  14. timind

timind phorum rezident

I use Shutterfly and Imgur for pic hosting sites. Imgur is so easy with the iphone and pics aren't published on the web unless I designate it so. I use shutterfly if pics are from camera and none of my pics there are publicly on the internet unless I post them here. No fees with either site, but I do get a lot of junk mail from shutterfly.

15. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

Just checked your profile. There is a set of RS3 still available locally, so they are on my list. I'm also considering the Rega Ear. How do you find that?

16. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I think I'll explore this issue of hosting sites a little more thoroughly.

timztunz likes this.
  17. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Photobucket really stinks! Its extremely slow and sometimes it simply just stops working but here are some photos of my almost all Rega system as it is currently. Can you see the pictures ok?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

The "Ear" has very high gain. I use mine with Beyerdynamic 880 600 Ohm. Sounds great but too much juice for most phones. Popular with the Sennhiser 600 users on headfi.com...

Insist on a demo for those RS3. I really like mine.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Robert C likes this.
  19. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Rega system. Excuse the boxes, we are getting ready to move out of state.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    whaiyun and bhazen like this.
  20. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

Nice set up! A demo is not a problem. I will be using a set of Grado 325e headphones that I just picked up. Hopefully they will work if I get the Ear.

21. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

Great looking set up. An eventual turntable upgrade is also planned. I thinking either Planar 3 or maybe Planar 6 when it comes out.

22. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

The "Ear" sounds great with my Grados but has very limited range of motion for the volume control. Ie: 9 "o'clock" is LOUD!. Perhaps look to the Grado amp or Schiit...

23. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Vinyl headphone configuration. Rega RP6, Fono MM, Ear and Beyerdynamic 880.

Robert C likes this.
  24. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Love the My Little Pony :biglaugh:

Ntotrar likes this.
  25. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

I'm not obligated to get the Ear and am open to other suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.