Rega Engineering- changes coming?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by xyyyy, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Gotta agree with you there...

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yes, there is still a licensing fee paid to Sony for SACD players. I don't know how much it is.

Yes, it just seems 'cheap', like "we got $3 worth of picture frame from the local crafts store, let's put it around our top-of-the-line 'table!" :laugh:

If I'm considering spending that much money, I will admit that I need something that looks more substantial on the asthetics.

3. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

One might prefer the P5 aesthetics, but they don't look the same at all. I think part of the reason the P25 enjoys relatively high resale value is because of aesthetic preferences. They go for damn near the cost of a used P5.

Hell, I "modded" a P25 to what I think is close to P5 performance (complete with the same PCB and motor, with a TT-PSU) simply because I didn't like the look of the P5. Completely subjective, I get that (the P25 matches the more contemporary look of my Thiels).

Frankly, the P5 surround resembles a cheap picture frame. While Rega is essentially "no frills", it really isn't... I love their designs exclusive of the P5/P7.

And while they are at it... put the name "Rega" back on the damn tables. The interlocking Rega logo looks so cool on my P25 plinth and dustcover. Not the cheesy P5 script. But now I'm getting really anally subjective...

See my avatar. I think it's a looker.

4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I'm not a fan of the crown molding around the perimeter of any of the top models.

5. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

I have this all over my downstairs. Perhaps inspiration for the Rega designers.

[​IMG]

Or how about this for a Victorian look?

[​IMG]

I like this one....

[​IMG]

6. mattstrike

mattstrike New Member

7. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

Straight from the Rega R&D lab...

[​IMG]

8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Maybe they could put some nice Ives prints on the turntables too?

Or Degas etchings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.