Regis to Sub For Dick Clark on "Rockin' Eve"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lisa, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reechie

reechie Senior Member

It'll be interesting to see how the program handles the substitution. The bulk of the show was already taped before Clark's illness, with the expected "Now over to Dick Clark in Times Square" intros and so forth. The Times Square segments are the only actual live portions of the show.

2. Danny

Danny Senior Member

So instead of the "World's Oldest Teenager" we get the World's Youngest Grumpy Geriatric. :)

3. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Yet another entry in Reege's long and impressive resume. Is there anything left in the world of TV that this guy hasn't done? Maybe they could have him do a little play-by-play at the Super Bowl, or host an MTV spring break special, or or anchor the nightly news once Peter Jennings retires.

4. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

I had a feeling this would happen; that DC wouldn't be able to do NYRE this time around because of his illness. It's not going to be the same show without him.

I just hope he has a good and rapid recovery so that we'll see him back at Times Square next New Year's Eve.

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I assume that was Dick's final answer!

6. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

Guess the "rockin'" could refer to a rockin' chair.

I personally find Regis doing anything about as entertaining as Walter Cronkite dancing.

But that's just imo, of course. The man's worth ft. knox, i'm sure.

doug

7. :laugh: :laugh:

8. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Note they didn't say "singer" :)

I suspect the "now back to Dick Clark in Times Square" stuff will be edited out and re-done.

9. Beatlesfan03

Beatlesfan03 New Member

I wonder if Dick will have a little video greeting to let everyone know how he's doing and to say happy new year.

10. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Or dubbed in!
    :laugh:

11. Johnny C.

Johnny C. Ringo's Biggest Fan

I'll miss Dick Clark, but nothing could possibly be worse than Anson Williams hosting New Years 1984 on TV.

I'd rather have Industrial Light & Magic exhume and reanimate Guy Lombardo's corpse than sit through Potsie's 'singing.'

12. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

I can understand DC not wanting to do the New Year's Rockin' Eve thingy this time around; he's already had one stroke and facing another at midnight on the 31st must've been just too much (sorry, but somebody had to say it)! :winkgrin:

:cheers:
    Cat

13. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

I like Regis but if I had to put someone in there I would have picked Ryan Seacrest someone a bit more hip to what's going on in music besides Regis!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.