Remastered Led Zepplin IV Vinyl - Is anyone planning to buy it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cosmo_Kramer, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veejaycollector

veejaycollector Forum Resident

Yes for sure...and all subsequent releases. The bonus material is worth the investment alone. Add to it the quality of what I have already experienced with the first three reissue releases, it is a MUST if you like Led Zeppelin.

johnny q and SpinningInfinity like this.
  2. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Super Deluxe box sets for all the Zep albums for me. I'm a completest when it comes to Zep. I'm going to have all the lithographs framed and on display in my listening room. :D

3. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I'm skipping all LZ releases. I'm perfectly happy with my various old copies.

4. Cosmo_Kramer

Cosmo_Kramer Member Thread Starter

Do anyone know if these represses are limited edition?

5. timw

timw Senior Member

I'm hoping Santa will leave these new LZ reissues under my tree this year :) !

[​IMG]

6. zbase

zbase Forum Resident

Same here... I've got an early release of IV in good shape. Not really interested in the bonus material.

7. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

No I'm not planning to buy Led Zep IV. At this point I have only purchased Led Zep I for the live set. I'm waiting to see what Presence gives us.

8. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Hell yes I'm buying it. And all other Zeppelin vinyl reissues.

Cassius likes this.
  9. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

got my shipping notice today...they are on the way.

super deluxe box sets from deep discount.

I'll post photos when they arrive...and try and give some first impressions of the sound etc/

10. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I get the appeal of these, but the reality tells me otherwise. First, there's no way the digitally remastered vinyl can actually better a UK analog first pressing (which I realize I'm lucky to own). Second, and perhaps the most obvious letdown, is the "alternate" bonus tracks. Unless there's some inspired outakes I've not heard about, Jimmy seems to have his head in a bubble regarding these. If Zeppelin aficionados can barely tell a difference between released and alternate mixes what's the point of promoting them as true alternate versions? Sorry to naysay, but I see no point in buying these unless you cannot find original vinyl anywhere else - then this would be at least a convenient option.

Cassius likes this.
  11. Cosmo_Kramer

Cosmo_Kramer Member Thread Starter

Oh, I didn't know these were "digitally" remastered. That's a disappointment.

12. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

I will probably get skewered, but since I was unimpressed with II compared to a regular 70s reissue, and given how high the bar was raised by the all analog Beatles reissues, I am just going to give all of these a pass and be happy with the older copies that sound perfectly good to me. Or listen to the CDs.

George Blair likes this.
  13. gklainer

gklainer Forum Resident

Digital masters were made from the original analog masters. They used the digital masters for the remastering project.

14. Sun Johnson

Sun Johnson New Member

Gonna opt out on this round, although LZ 1-3 reissues sound fantastic I'm more than content with my Pecko Duck IV and RL HOTH.

15. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

I'll probably pick up the standard vinyl copy.....I'm interested in comparing it to the Pecko Duck copy...I have a pretty clean copy, but I want to compare anyway. Not too interested in the box set thoug, would be if we got some really cool live material to sort through.

- Buck

16. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

I've bought it on vinyl, 8-track, made my cassette of it, bought it on CD ... twice.
    Of course I'm gonna buy it!
    The double LP for me.

jon9091 and jeffd7030 like this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

First three were really nice, so yeah. I'm definitely continuing to get these reissues. Especially considering the silly prices stores are selling used copies for.

18. jeffd7030

jeffd7030 I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

Yes. I'll buy IV (maybe HOTH also) on vinyl and both delux CDs. I have a IV "pecko duck" copy and am curious to hear a comparison. My Houses LP is pretty beat.
    IV may be my fave Zep record - right next to Physi Graf!

19. jeffd7030

jeffd7030 I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

Fun to think about though huh.

20. Sun Johnson

Sun Johnson New Member

Are they remastering the Swan Song releases too or just the Atlantic?

21. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

Yes. have the 1st 3 and these next two, all super deluxe. probably stopping after PG.

22. David Ellis

David Ellis Forum Resident

My vinyl copy got nicked in '71 so I'm going for it to replace that. I know, I know 43 years is a long time to wait for a replacement:)

23. mitchcortes

mitchcortes Forum Resident

Don't know about IV yet, have a nice sounding uk porky pressing. My HOTH (uk RL) is a bit noisy, so I might pick up this one. I'm not sure if I should pick the standard LP or deluxe 2LP though...

24. george2210

george2210 Forum Resident

Played the new IV on vinyl today, it sounds huge,lots of energy and clear sounding, better than my first UK pressing!
    Normally i don't like new vinyl very much, i collect first pressings, but this one really rocks.
    Play it loud!

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  25. Burctg
    But they will sound better than most of the 40 year old crappy used copes out there just like the first batch. Some are lucky to have pristine original copies but many are not

Rocketdog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.