Replacement music player for the iPhone that does smart playlists and lets me rate my music?*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Slice, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slice

Slice Fan Of Rock Thread Starter

I’m looking for a replacement music player for the iPhone that can do smart playlists and let me rate my music.
    I’ve looked at Vox, Foobar, Monkey, etc., but they don’t even have smart playlists. I could skip rating if necessary.

Tim 2 likes this.
  2. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I'm looking for the same/similar thing, I'll be watching this thread for responses. :tiphat:

MaxxMaxx4 likes this.
  3. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

(Thread title changed - see forum guidelines.)

4. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you are looking for music management software for your computer that can be used with an iPhone that does smart playlists and ratings.

If my understanding is correct, MediaMonkey (MM) might meet your needs. I've used MM with my iPod Classic and while it doesn't support all of my iPod Classics' features (such as being able to mark a file to resume when you return to it) can do autoplaylists (the MM version of smart playlists) and it does support ratings (from 0.0 to 5.0 in 0.5 increments) although I don't think it syncs rating changes between the player and MM.

I hope that helps.

Slice likes this.
  5. Slice

Slice Fan Of Rock Thread Starter

Maybe. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.