"Rescue Me"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

Wow. Just wow. I watched the first episode of this new series last night and was awe-struck by its greatness. FX has another winner on its hands.

For those of you who haven't heard of the show (it just premiered Wednesday, July 21), it stars Denis Leary as FDNY firefighter Tommy Gavin. Tommy has a lot of baggage. He's dealing with his recent separation from his wife, the losses he suffered on 9/11 and memories of people he couldn't save.

I urge you to watch this show. I can't say enough good things about it. It's the best new show since The Shield.

The show airs Wednesday nights at 10, with repeats throughout the week.

Here is a link to the show's official website.

Attached Files:

2. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I TiVo'ed it last week, but haven't watched it yet. I look forward to seeing it based on your review!

3. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

I want to check it out ... didn't realize 1st episode was on last night :( ... too bad they don't repeat 1st episode on Wed before new episode instead of repeating 2nd episode back to back ...

4. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

My wife is a big Denis Leary fan (altho she's not afraid to admit it when one of the many movies he's in is a stinker). She really liked "Rescue Me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.