Resurrection - New Series on ABC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Or confusing. You think you are watching sometime new, and all of a sudden you realise it's a repeat. Quite easy to do with certain shows. They think the audience are stupid. Maybe they are? Which is why they do it, to string viewers along for a longer time.

2. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Resurrection was the biggest new show in Australia since Revenge. They're not going to bump it anytime soon.

imarcq likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

they believe the audience will believe anything they shove down their throat...perfect example;LOST.

4. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

In Australia they bumped the last couple of series of Lost back after 9.30PM but they showed the final in prime time.

5. imarcq

I hope not. At least it's not on TEN as they are by far the worse offenders. Shares in free fall there!

6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Desperate Housewives was the worst. They put it on later and later, showed double episodes that finished after midnight and stuck repeats BEFORE new episodes.

imarcq likes this.
  7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Best show ever!

Scott222C likes this.
  8. Michael

it just warms my cockles your love for Lost.

Encuentro likes this.
  9. Michael

how about that acid trip season? OMG! just crazy...I do have to say there was never a dull moment.

10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The ONLY way you could watch it here was to go to the TV station's website, find out the name of the episode, Google the episode guide to check it wasn't a repeat and set a tape with about 40 minutes leeway on either side.
    It was easier finding the Malaysian plane.

11. Michael

my wife and I watched this during the first run faithfully...we enjoyed it mostly. I need not watch it again.

12. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I'm glad that your cockles are warm. Lost has brought a little bit of warmth into your life.

13. Michael

Lost? not in my life dude, but you did.

Encuentro likes this.
  14. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

Warning...warning...

[​IMG]

Mister Charlie, Vidiot and Scott222C like this.
  15. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It hasn't been on here for a week hence the detour.

imarcq likes this.
  16. imarcq

This is what happens when absolutely nothing new occurrs for 3 weeks in a TV series.....something is needed to Resurrect this thread......oh and what can I get at the services and how much? ;) What's a mile? How much for 2?

17. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

After last night's episode, I thought I'd bump this back up.
    Probably, like a lot of viewers, I was about to give up on this series.
    Way too slow, very soap opera-ish. But after last night's episode,
    especially the last 10 minutes, it looks like things have taken a MAJOR
    turn for the better. And next week's (and season finale) episode looks to be
    even more remarkable.
    Rather than give any spoilers at this point for those that may have not yet
    seen it, I am curious what others may have thought.

Vidiot likes this.
  18. amoergosum

I agree...I liked last night's episode a lot. I really hope the series is going to be renewed for a season 2!

>>>

"April 27, 2014

The Resurrection TV show on ABC has already attracted a following just seven episodes into the show (the seventh airs on April 27). The first season is only eight episodes and fans are wondering whether the show will be renewed for a season 2. Though there hasn’t been an official announcement–ABC hasn’t renewed any shows yet–most industry experts say that Resurrection is going to be renewed. TV Wise reports that Resurrection is considered a lock for renewal while Zap2It says that it is certain to be renewed. The number of viewers has dropped since the strong 13.9 million (3.8 million in the 18-49 bracket) premiere, but there’s still a lot. The number has been evening out around 8 million in the past couple weeks. Episode 4 had 8.2 million (2.4 in the bracket) while episode 5 dipped down to 8 million (2.2). Episode 6 had 7.5 million (2.1). However, viewership for most shows usually picks back up as they near the end of the season–particularly for the season finale."

Source:
    http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/644808-resurrection-season-2-will-abc-show-be-renewed-or-canceled/

Vidiot and bluejeanbaby like this.
  19. amoergosum

"
    Apr 28, 2014

ABC’s “Resurrection” Returns to Series Low Ratings

Still considered a strong bet for renewal, ABC’s “Resurrection” remains distantly separated from its early ratings high marks. Sunday’s episode, in fact, reached a new series low in adults 18-49. The first installment in two weeks, Sunday’s “Resurrection” delivered a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating. Down two-tenths from the previous episode’s final adults 18-49 rating, it was down by one-tenth from that episode’s number in the comparable fast nationals. This week’s broadcast attracted an average of 7.46 million viewers.

– Other ABC programming on Sunday included “America’s Funniest Home Videos” (1.6, 6.46 million), “Once Upon a Time” (2.1, 6.91 million) and “Revenge” (1.2, 4.94 million).
    "

Source:
    http://headlineplanet.com/home/2014/04/28/abcs-resurrection-returns-series-low-ratings/

20. imarcq

It's been bumped again tonight for MKR final. So for the last month it's been bi-monthly here in Sydney.

21. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's the grand final of My Kitchen Rules tonight. That's seven's top rating show so it's going to bump everything else.

They put on a double ep of Suits last night without any warning. They must think we're psychic

imarcq likes this.
  22. imarcq

Yes I just saw the MKR listing. I watch Vikings and QandA on Mondays. Likings the Vikings :)

23. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Vikings hasn't got any actors in it. Only catwalk models :laugh:

You should be watching Revenge. The rich guy's first wife turns out to be the bar owner's mother :p

imarcq likes this.
  24. imarcq

At least they are Australian Catwalk Model Vikings lol....

25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Australian Story was about Doc Neeson last night. Really interesting (and sad)

It's repeated on Saturday morning. Don't miss it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.