Resurrection - New Series on ABC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

His motto: Reject me once, shame on you. Reject me twice, shame on me? Or perhaps, Reject me twice and I'm gonna do you in you frikin' wife zombie and all your other zombies too! :cry:

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

No. He clearly forgave her. It's right there in the episode. I didn't write the episode. It's there. If you have On Demand, re-watch. He clearly and unequivocally forgave his wife when she returned. She told him it was over. He went into denial as evidenced by his watching the video after his wife had given birth and putting the wedding ring back on his finger. Why would he put his wedding back on if he were angry with his wife and intended to seek revenge. That doesn't make any sense.

3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

He didn't mean it.

Vidiot likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and he is going to get even whether she is alive, dead, resurrected or a Cicada...

Vidiot likes this.
  5. Michael

of course...he lied.

6. Michael

to cover his tracks when he did/does his nasty deeds...can't you hear him saying; look, I still love my cheating pig wife and I have no animosity towards her...SEE, I still wear my wedding ring...

7. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

8. markedasred

markedasred Forum Resident

So general thoughts for someone not seen it yet? Worth a look?

9. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Why not, it's only 8 episodes, you can bail. It's a better Stephen King-ish show than the mess Stevie is actually involved with ("Under the Dome").

rockclassics likes this.
  10. rockclassics

You got that right.

Yes it is worth a look - at least for the first 8 episodes. Yes it is a bit of a soap opera at times, but the storyline premise about returning from the dead is pretty interesting.

11. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

I suspect they would return "healed".

Before Rachel got shot (and died for the second time), she took a small knife wound to her cheek, which was subsequently visible on her corpse (as seen in the morgue). But her resurrected body did not bear the wound, or a corresponding scar.

dewey02 likes this.
  12. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That would also be in keeping with Phillip Jose Farmer's 1970s novel series Riverworld, where every human who ever lived comes back at the same time on a single world, and everybody is healed and is the age of 25. If you were blind, you now see; if you were missing a limb or had cancer, now you're cured. What's interesting are the people who come back who were completely insane, like Hitler, only now they're mentally sound. That would make a good movie.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  14. Michael

15. Michael

yes absolutely...I wasn't sure at first, but by the last episode we were hooked.

16. rockclassics

They didn't say how many episodes they will make for next season. I hope it gets a full season and not just a few episodes like this season. Has anyone heard?

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, I'd say it's a compelling show, they give you a lot of food for thought if not plausible explanations for what's going on, and it poses some very troubling moral and social aspects of a bizarre idea. Note that the show as presented all takes place pretty much within a single week. I really like the show because they never seem to go the easy way -- they hit the problems head on. And the quality of the acting is fantastic; I believe every actor in the role they're playing, even the little kid.

But I still hope there's a dramatic payoff and we're not left hanging, as has happened with about a dozen sci-fi/fantasy shows of the last 5 years...
    :realmad:

18. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Payoff, the town was drugged and it's been a long dream.

19. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Forget moving to North Dakota to get a job in the oil/gas industry.
    People should be moving to Arcadia, Missouri and going into the mortuary sciences.
    You can make good money burying the same people many times over. :)

20. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

It occurred to me in an extremely morbid moment that a vintage clothes business could do very well in Arcadia. Basically kill off each of the returned, steal their clothes, wait for them to come back again wearing more period clothes. OK, you have to keep killing people to steal their clothes which is morally dubious, but they come back anyway!

21. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

And at the same time bolstering the undertaker's business! :D

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Even if it had been cancelled, it would have been "revived" on another network. :)

Ah, the Damon Lindelof version!

23. rockclassics

Last nights season premiere was interesting. I won't spoil anything for those who have not seen it. Based on last night I am definitely watching for another season.

amoergosum, Michael and dewey02 like this.
  24. Michael

into the second season episode 2...we are enjoying this! I really hope we all will not be letdown!
    Episode 2 was excellent...the ending was a cliffhanger to be sure!

amoergosum likes this.
  25. Michael

what did you think yesterdays episode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.