Resurrection - New Series on ABC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I can accept people coming back from the dead but the vanishing act bugged me.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yup...it can be no other with the present facts...

3. Michael

anything with Michael Landon in it does not get turned off!

fitzysbuna likes this.
  4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah that was just weird. Did he get "taken back" because he f'ed up his second chance? Or did he disclose too much info about others coming and "they" snatched him back?

5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I don't know, that seems to easy. I'm thinking it belongs to another who will come back. We will see.

6. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

I hope the writers are not going to pull a LOST on the fans of the show...;)

7. amoergosum

I agree!

By the way...why have they only announced the release date of the DVD edition ? Come on...this show deserves a release on Blu-ray!

>>>

"The ABC network only aired the second episode last night, but already the folks at Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment have scheduled a June 10th DVD release of Resurrection - The Complete 1st Season. Priced at $29.99 SRP in the USA and CA$35.99 SRP in Canada, this 2-disc set comes with all 8 episodes of the short introductory season starring Frances Fisher (Eureka, Titus); Samaire Armstrong (The Mentalist, The O.C.); newcomer Landon Gimenez; Matt Craven (Justified, X-Men: First Class); Omar Epps (House M.D., Scream 2); Sam Hazeldine (The Monuments Men, Midsomer Murders); Mark HiIdreth (V, Voltron Force); Devin Kelly (Covert Affairs, The Chicago Code); and Kurtwood Smith (That '70s Show, RoboCop).

No word yet on whether it will get picked up for a second season, of course; only time will tell. Also, no word on a Blu-ray Disc release; this ABC/Disney announcement was for DVD only. Below is a button link to pre-order a copy from Amazon, and under that is an early look at temporary art for the release; it is not finalized yet and is almost certain to change. Stay tuned for finalized artwork, as well as details about the extras, which also haven't been finalized so far."

Source:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Resurrection-Season-1/19580#ixzz2yPophAxx

8. Michael

OK, I'll stick with the preacher...we'll see.

9. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

This show is sliding down the slippery slope of stupidity. More melodrama than a soap opera.

10. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah...tonight's episode was a disappointment to me. The storyline seems to be slowing down.

11. Michael

I am really trying to enjoy this. This week made it even harder...

12. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Ever see the episode of Johnny Staccato where Landon plays 'Elvis'?

13. Michael

no.. I have not...

14. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Looks like Network Seven Sydney have pulled this series already :( They've put a movie on tonight instead! No wonder I never bother with the commercial networks. It'll pop up on the graveyard shift lol! We only got the first two or three of the new Dallas and that disappeared too! Never mind the loudness wars, it's the ratings wars that matter here!

15. Michael

they must know something we don't! wow! ...if it does get cancelled here we would not have wasted too many hours in this!

16. imarcq

It looks like it could be back again here next week! They put Parenthood on tonight....

17. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

its easter ! they pull things off during holidays !

Mylene likes this.
  18. amoergosum

"ABC’s Resurrection hit a new low Sunday, falling to 7.1 million viewers and a 2.0 in the 18-49 demo, down two-tenths compared to last week. The good news: It was the night’s top drama series among the 18-49 set. (With a 2.1, Family Guy on Fox claimed bragging rights to the No. 1 comedy.)"

Source:
    http://tvline.com/2014/04/14/resurrection-ratings-abc-season-1/

19. imarcq

Its not actually Easter in Sydney til Good Friday. ;)

20. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

ok but either way the pull things off tv over school holidays !

21. imarcq

Not The Wiggles I hope....? ;)

fitzysbuna likes this.
  22. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

How can the novel that this is based on have SO many similarities to the French series and get away with it? It seems like a blatant rip-off? Is that not illegal?

23. Michael

OK, a misunderstanding.

24. imarcq

The trouble is here in Oz that the commercial stations DO Pull series off air without notice, just after a few weeks if the ratings are too low. They did this with Dallas. Then it pops up at 1 am in the morning, or in double episodes. Something they do less of now is actually MIX in old episodes with new ones. I used to get so mad at that. They loved to do it with Sex and the City. Then when you try to complain you can't really get a decent contact. All the online numbers listed are quite generic for the commercial networks. So you end up on a network moderated forum, a bit like this. So of course most of the worse complaints get removed. But you do see that others get equally frustrated with the same issues. But never any answers or explanations from the networks themselves. This is why I tend it stick with our public broadcasters here, who do provide a great service.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Mylene likes this.
  25. Michael

That must really suck if they pull that in a how you are invested in...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.