Rhino Start Your Ear Off Right Vinyl Releases 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kevin55, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident Thread Starter

https://www.rhino.com/syeor

Rhino’s rockin’ Start Your Ear Off Right campaign returns this January with vinyl titles from some of the most celebrated acts in music including: Alice Cooper, Aretha Franklin, Dio, Golden Smog, John Prine, New York Rock And Soul Revue, Richard And Linda Thompson, The Notorious B.I.G., Vangelis, and ZZ Top. These limited-edition titles will be available each Tuesday, starting on January 9, and will continue throughout the month.These will be available only at participating brick and mortar retail outlets.

Rhino will also offer their coveted yearly calendar, a music industry-only perk, to anyone who purchases one of the Start Your Ear Off Right releases at participating music retailers - while supplies last. Barnes & Noble customers will receive a unique, limited edition vinyl slipmat with any Start Your Ear Off Right purchase – while supplies last.

mick_sh and Electric Sydney like this.
  2. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i've been waiting to find info on who is doing some of these masters, havent been able to find it yet.

if they are nearly as good as electric warrior was i'll be buying a lot.

DHamilton likes this.
  3. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

Do we know which John Prine album it’s going to be?

500Homeruns likes this.
  4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

check the link, shows all the albums and which day they come out

JasonA and Electric Sydney like this.
  5. Kevin55

Diamonds In The Rough and Sweet Revenge.

Leviethan and Electric Sydney like this.
  6. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Anyone know if any UK stores will be stocking these titles?

7. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

How many times can they reissue the Aretha Franklin album?

8. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

Last year, january 2017 campaign, the shops located in europe stocked some of them but not all..;The most interesting one, john prine's debut remastered AAA by kevin gray, was not available in europe...

9. Their series last year (summer of Love , rocktober) we’re amongst the best of any labels reissue series.

Great mastering pressings and cover quality.

10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yes i got zz top and t-rex from rocktober and the t-rex is hands down the best pressing of it i've heard absolutely better than my less than stellar original.

i need to find affordable copies of the previous rhino re-issues from alice cooper, that billion dollar babies is through the roof right now

DHamilton likes this.
  11. DHamilton

DHamilton Forum Resident

Wish they would do another Vangelis album other than blade runner. I mean its good but there's a ton they could have reissued...

ispace and PBo like this.
  12. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

Weird Tales, nice! Will be cool to have two Golden Smog albums on LP.

Hopefully Kevin Gray mastered the Prine titles, his version of S/T is outstanding.

13. PaulM

PaulM Forum Resident

I'll echo that the Gray mastered Prine is awesome. Looking forward to replacing my well worn Sweet Revenge and Diamonds in the Rough if they are as good as the S/T.

patient_ot likes this.
  14. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

I’ll definitely spring for ‘Sweet Revenge’ which is one of my favourite records ever. I have a Canadian reissue which is fine but I would love to hear what Kevin Gray can get out of this one, well I hope it is Kevin anyway but Chris Bellman would be just fine too. I have a Canadian reissue and a Japan original of ‘Diamonds in the Rough’ and that should be enough?? However, if Kevin has had any involvement then I will buy it again. Most likely these will not be available in Europe just like last year. Time to call my sister, yet again!

15. Kevin55

I'm sure your sister will be happy to hear from you!

16. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I just got the Rocktober Pretties For You and Love It To Death from Amazon for list price. They were delivered yesterday.

mikedifr0923 and Joti Cover like this.
  17. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

She is the most wonderful person as is my American brother in law! The trouble they have gone to to get stuff for me in the U.S.A. is legendary. Last year, my brother in law was captured on a Zia Records Store video in Arizona ‘grabbing’ the only copy that store had of Luna ‘Penthouse’ from the display rack, on Record Store Day! They also got the John Prine S/T for me this time last year, which sounds fabulous. They have just returned to the U.S. after spending Christmas in Europe.

Kevin55 likes this.
  18. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah i should buy those, i've seen pretties for you get down to 15 but billion dollar babies for some reason is expensive.

19. gabacabriel

Wasn't Blade Runner released recently on Rhino (2015-ish?)....what then would be the incentive to pick up this particular version? Where would one find details on the mastering?

20. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

The new ones are available from Amazon and appear to have had higher print runs. BDB was part of the first Rocktober batch and was very much a brick-and-mortar store exclusive.

21. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

January 23rd is supposedly also release date for Badfinger's Wish You Were Here (green translucent vinyl), nothing pictured on Rhino site yet.

patient_ot likes this.
  22. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Actually, that was Audio Fidelity.

23. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Ghostworld and Graham like this.
  24. gabacabriel

I know Blade Runner got a 2013 release on AF on red vinyl, but according to Amazon (and Discogs) there was a 2015 release on Rhino/WB.

25. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The under estimated the demand for B$B, and under pressed by 3,500 or so. Flippers moved in on it and are re-selling it at inflated prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.