Rian Johnson creating a new Star Wars Trilogy!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JWew, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWew

JWew Currently thinking of a clever Custom Title... Thread Starter

2. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Disney/Lucasfilm must really like what he has done with Episode VIII. It better be good!

3. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Four billion? You got robbed George.

4. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Aww, man! No porgs available for comment? That sucks!

Wounded Land likes this.
  5. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I've loved Star Wars since I was 5 years old; having said that, I've finally fallen into the camp that believes too much Star Wars isn't necessarily a good thing.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I don't think there has ever been a richer franchise than the Star Wars Legacy? Star Trek? ....I'm happy for the dedicated fan...

7. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

i don't understand this concept
    i see the individual words, but when they run together like that, it makes no sense

8. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

That's been my concern from the beginning. I really enjoyed TFA, but thought Rogue One was boring, forgettable, and unnecessary. It's the Marvel-ization of the property. Soon we'll be saturated in 4 Star Wars films per year that are all mostly indistinguishable from one another. I think I'm out after Episode IX.

9. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

They are determined to turn the cash cow into a dead horse.

[​IMG]

10. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

[​IMG]

Solaris likes this.
  11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

No, that's what Lucas did with the prequel trilogy. Disney is doing things right by making movies people actually want to go see.

subzro and Encuentro like this.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I do love all things Star Wars. Bring it on!

Encuentro likes this.
  13. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

As much as I hate the prequels, Lucas spread out those three prequels over the course of 6-7 years (much like he did with the original trilogy). I think he genuinely tried to produce good movies, but lost touch with what made the original trilogy so good. Disney is hitting us with a new movie every year... three films in three years so far, with two more coming in the next two years (Han Solo and IX films), and another five apparently planned (Obi-Wan movie, Boba Fett movie, and the three new trilogy movies discussed above). While I rate the Disney films released-to-date higher than the Lucas prequels, it's only a matter of time before we reach a burnout stage. Do we really need 10 Star Wars films from Disney in rapid succession? Even if these are halfway-decent movies catered to what the hardcore fans want, the general public will begin to lose interest before all 10 films see the light of day.

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I'll take good movies released every two years over crappy movies released every 6 or 7 years.

Encuentro likes this.
  15. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

A new trilogy has been officially announced and will take place in the Star Wars universe but separate from the Skywalker and in a different corner of a galaxy far, far away. Rian Johnson will be the creator of this trilogy and will write and direct the first film.

artfromtex likes this.
  16. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Translate: “I didn’t even have to fire him!

So I re-hired him!”

supermd likes this.
  17. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

18. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Okay, someone at Lucasfilm/Disney needs to have a lie down then if all this still sounds like a good idea afterwards, go for it.

Plan9 likes this.
  19. johnsiddique

johnsiddique Forum Resident

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

21. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I feel like Disney are really milking Star Wars. I preferred it when there were just three or six films. From now on there's going to be a film a year for as long as Star Wars is popular.

Looking forward to Star Wars XXXI, XXXII and XXXIII in thirty years time.

22. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

23. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

At one time - only a few short years ago - this news would have sent the population of the Earth into a prolonged giggly fit of excitement, now it's just a big meh, business as usual... that's what the Disney acquisition has done, greedy bastards.

But then again, what other outcome did anyone expect once the Mouse House got their grubby hands on it? Bob Iger has said Disney movies exist to shift merchandise, and that's both why they paid $4bn for Lucasfilm and why they'll run this thing into the ground like you won't believe... it's all about the merch, 'cause that's where the moolah lies.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    guppy270 likes this.
  24. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

That's how I used to feel, too.

Higlander likes this.
  25. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

So Johnson's new trilogy will be an entirely different story, in an entirely different galaxy, with entirely different characters... and this will still be Star Wars how exactly???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.