Ringo Starr "Give More Love"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by abbeyrdsteve, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fer2

fer2 Forum Resident

Well, I listened Ringo's new cd, wow, it's great !
    More than a pleasent surprise, he´s making some great music and the band is so powerfull and good.
    Such a moment of pleasure, thanks Ringo, go on !

Can´t believe it sold so poorly, but well, good music doesn't always go to top 10.

PS: I love the new version of Don't pass me by, I think it's better than the one in the white album.
    "I'd like to be, under the sea ..." Fantastic !! Just smile.
    I'm listening it second time in a row.

Fernando

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  2. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Having spent time with this album I am really enjoying it. The only tracks I don't care for are King of the Kingdom and Electricity. Probably my favorite of his overall since at least Liverpool 8. Nice job.

(I'd actually say it's better than some of George's, at least ET)

3. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

I changed that for you :D

4. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Yeah you could throw in ES and Wonderwall too, but I don't really count those. The other contenders for not as enjoyable in my mind were Troppo and England.

blutiga likes this.
  5. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Yeah I'm not too keen on Troppo and England either. But Extra Texture is a big favourite:) I'm gonna get the Give More Love vinyl in a few weeks.

6. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Decent Ringo album, the new Don’t Pass Me By is better than the Beatles version by a long shot. I love it!

fer2 likes this.
  7. Syd Avett

Syd Avett Forum Resident

Give More Love is a very good album from Ringo Starr and I have been dismayed that even die-hard Beatles fans on exclusively Beatles Boards are not talking about it!

Everyone want to talk about these vinyl Xmas Messages, speculate on whether there will be a re-mixed White Album or beat their breasts over when LIB the film will be re-issued and speculate on "Extras" yet we have this very nice new album out of mostly new Solo Ringo songs(with Sir Paul as a guest on two songs) and no one wants to know!!

In fact, on one Beatles Message Board that will go unnamed, the Moderator PM'd me and firmly asked me to stop posting on the Give More Love Thread because it was bumping Threads he was managing on ranking the songs on each Solo album! He didn't want his "Rank The Songs On Imagine" or "Rank The Songs On Ram" bumped down by my enthusiastic posting on Give More Love!

I thought it a sad day when discussion on new Solo Beatles music is suppressed so we can repeatedly and without end re-live and regurgitate the glory days of Solo Beatles!

8. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

I am with you... I am more concerned with new music than reissues.

9. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Sad to hear. But unfortunately, the Beatles camps are well entrenched and die hard.

10. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Poor old Ringo. "Imagine" and "Ram" are great albums, but asking you to stop praising Ringo's new album is cruel and unfair (especially coming from a moderator as well!).

theMess, Johnny Reb, blutiga and 3 others like this.
  11. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Well...the moderators seem incapable of objectivity, operating on their own biases.

12. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

How many copies of this album we’re sold?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

They sound like really bad forums. Maybe that's why this forum has so many Beatles fans....

blutiga, Matthew Tate and Haristar like this.
  14. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Yer still one-of-a-kind, Syd!

Syd Avett likes this.
  15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

And I can now proudly state, this is in my collection! :bdance:

16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Hey! My promo CD of "One" is missing. Anyone see it? ... ;)

17. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

That would be six... Naw, I don't know, but I really like this album. Ringo really has had quite a solid run of mostly enjoyable albums for the past few decades.

18. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

This is a fun album. I bought two copies myself, so maybe that makes it eight. :winkgrin: Well I'm sure it sold much more than that really, probably in the "thousands" as physical copies are not necessary to a lot of people. Admittedly, I didn't find any song on here to be as ear-catching as No No Song or as epic as Photograph, but all in all it is a good listen. Ringo is super-enthusiastic and him and the rest of the band sound like they're having a lot of fun. I thought it was kind of cool at the time when Sirius was doing specials on "the new Ringo Starr album" and they really gave it a good push.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  19. MelodyFair

MelodyFair West Coast Suburban Hausfrau

I’m not the biggest Ringo follower but a general Beatles fan, however “Standing Still” is so catchy! Also it’s a wonderful message (got me back to college). King of the Kingdom, with its Rastafari message was awesome!

MsMaclen and Morton LaBongo like this.
  20. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

The country songs are real good. Perhaps they should have followed the original idea of a country album. A few of the pop songs are good too. It's hard to make an entire album catch , hold & entertain the listener with Ringo singing lead on 10-12 songs in a row.

Although he sounds pretty good. Maybe better than Paul at this point who's voice is really gone now.

21. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

What a fun album, it continues to entertain me! Never have seen Ringo live, but I may never get a better chance with an album I like so much.

Johnny Reb and musicfan37 like this.
  22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

This needs to be posted here:

Not a very good video, but since it wasn’t posted yet...

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    baitzahn, theMess, MsMaclen and 5 others like this.
  23. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.