Rives Audio Parc room correction

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ted Bell, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist Thread Starter

Lee,
    Let's hear more about the room correction system!

2. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I don't have one unfortunately. I have heard only good things and they seem to be a staple of hifi shows recently.

I am working on a speaker upgrade so my room correction budget is suffering. :)

3. Ted Bell

3.6Rs?

4. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Yes!

Any comments?

I see we have similar systems...I also have used Cardas 300B microtwin mic cable on record sessions before to great effect.

5. Ted Bell

I am actually quite satisfied with the 1.6QRs, particularly with the Grant Vandermye stands, and don't really get much time for dedicated listening these days. I still would love to move up to the 3.6Rs-those true ribbons are amazing, but really can't justify the size & cost at this time. I was thinking about the room correction as an interim measure, particularly since I have windows near the side reflection points.

6. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Jay, where can I find the Grant Vandermye stands?

You could try acoustical treatments on the windows or would you need them to let light in occasionally?

Glass will really mess up the high freqeuencies in my opinion. I love the 1.6s but I want the full ribbon range I had previously with my MG3As. :)

7. Ted Bell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.