RNDM - new rock "supergroup"; Jeff Ament (Pearl Jam), Joseph Arthur

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mattdm11, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thoughts? I like the song. Joseph Arthur is a favorite of mine and pretty much ignored. Jeff Ament just released a solo album with a Joseph Arthur-sung track on it....guess they had more songs in the hopper!

Hopefully this will be as good as the Fistful of Mercy project with Ben Harper and Dhani Harrison - I really enjoy that album.

2. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

I really like the single. Anxious to hear more of it. I'll be checking them out here in Milwaukee in a few weeks.

3. serge

serge Forum Resident

I'm a bit wary because the last Ament side project- Tres Mts- was pretty underwhelming.... Stuverud was in that too..

I may go see them at the small club they're playing here in DC

4. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

Just a terrific album full of great songs. I listened to this again today. I recommend it. I guess they are making a new one.

5. mattdm11

I enjoy it too, although I haven't given it a good listen in a while.

6. Laibach

Laibach Forum Resident

My favourite songs on the album are: 'Cherries in the snow' and 'The disappearing ones'. I wonder if they'd be recording a second album?

7. mattdm11

Laibach likes this.
  8. mattdm11

9. mattdm11

New video released a few weeks ago....Stray:

10. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Sing this over the song:

"And I.....won't...stray....and we can be Heros....just for one day"....WOW!!! What a blatant rip off this is...Try it yourself and see what I mean!!!

11. Laibach

Laibach Forum Resident

I just pre-ordered the LP from amazon.

12. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Music's really suffering these days if this is considered a supergroup. Blind Faith it isn't.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  13. Fatman

Fatman Senior Member

I'm really digging the song NYC Freaks from their new album. I have a mp3 download that is fairly bad fidelity-wise. Anyone know if the actual CD (titled Ghost Riding) has reasonable sonics?

RNDM - NYC Freaks ยป

14. Laibach

Laibach Forum Resident

For some reason amazon.com didn't fulfill my order which I placed in February, it just says: A release date has not yet been set for this title In the meantime I haven't heard any of the songs. My options at this point are either buying the CD or web streaming, but I'll just wait until they dispatch the LP.

15. Six String

Six String Senior Member

It's called PR. Whatever it takes to give an album traction. The new Dylan doesn't fit here so they had to fall back on the old super group tag. By my definition that would mean all three of them are super. I like Joseph Arthur but super is not the word I would use to describe him though he's very talented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.