Robert Plant new album "Carry Fire" on Nonesuch/Warner (10/13/2017)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Elliottmarx, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

Has anyone received their email?
    Gary

2. Super_Slick

Super_Slick Forum Resident

My wife got tickets for another artist using the same Amazon pre order earlier this year and the priority email for that arrived on the Monday evening.

3. Tenor Audio Fan

Tenor Audio Fan Forum Resident

The May Queen sounds like a mix of Friends / Poor Tom & Rainbow.

A very pleasant listening...

4. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Here's hoping they don't spoil the CD with poor mastering. His last album is chock full of great songs, but the CD was ruined.....

jeffrey walsh and johnny q like this.
  5. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Agree. The vinyl was marginally better.

6. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

Not yet!

Hope to get tickets for Sheffield.

Richard

7. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

Amazon T&C's says the email will be received no later than 6pm on Tuesday 22nd August with priority access commencing 9am the following morning.

8. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

Thank you, just being impatient!
    Gary

9. mattright

mattright Forum Resident

Unfortunately, it's pretty much assured that the CD will be brickwalled....
    Why? Because every CD he has released since 2000 has been brickwalled and I see no reason why he would suddenly release a dynamic version.

10. street legal

street legal Senior Member

I actually just picked up a used copy of "Lullaby . . . And The Ceaseless Roar" a few days ago. I have enjoyed Plant's recent albums, but "Lullaby" has failed to grab me in any way after 2 listens.
    I hope the new album is better.

11. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

Yes, my email with pre-sales access has arrived!

Sheffield for me.

Richard

12. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

My mail landed earlier. Was starting to panic as I have a new computer and couldn't get the b*gg*r to work.........

13. RichardG

RichardG Forum Resident

Well Amazon Tickets are pants, and I certainly wouldn't use them again out of choice.

I did manage to get a pair of tickets for Bristol as part of the presale, but it's a total lottery - you get the option to choose a price point and a location (floor/balcony) and that's it until after your payment is complete. You have no idea what tickets you're actually buying until the receipt arrives with block/row/seat info. Luckily mine are OK, but it's a total unknown. They say in their T&Cs that there are no refunds/no exchange, but is that legal? You're entering into contract, not knowing what you're buying...hmmm.

The rest of the tour sold very quickly in general sale today. I fancied a ticket for Birmingham as well as it's the last night of the tour - that venue was sold out 3 mins after being on sale. I joined the Royal Albert Hall queue at 0905am at position 2586 (yes, really!) and finally got to position 1 at 1012am, and got a single in the 8th row on the floor, so I'm happy!

Oh, and I like The May Queen very much - the sun is shining here (for once) and it's a lovely accompaniment!

pablorkcz likes this.
  14. JPJs Bass Guitar

I bought through Amazon tickets at 9am on Wednesday morning and got 5th row dead centre for Glasgow.

It did tell you which seats you were buying, but there was no location plan. I checked my seats using the venue website before ordering.

Tell you what though - ticket prices these days are shocking (I know, old news ...) but £150+ for 2 tickets to a gig is crazy!

Still, I'm sure Percy will bring it as he always does, but I'm not expecting a rock show like last time. The venues selected seem to be more of the 'sit back and listen' type than last time (at least here in Glasgow).

15. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

I got one for Dublin this morning in the general sale. A bit of a struggle getting a decent seat but after much "refreshing" on TM it worked out in the end.

16. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Agree on the pricing. Manchester showed as just over £40, but when I got onto the site that was far the back row and decent seats were £75. I passed on that.

17. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I would disagree as I thought the vinyl sounded way better than the CD...will have to play it again soon as its been a while since I have listened to it.

18. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Robert Plant Shares the Story Behind His New Album, "Carry Fire" - Nonesuch Records

I like the last paragraph:

"It's about intention," said Plant of his latter-day career and his current work. "I rejoice in my previous work but must continue the journey to new worlds, after all there are so many songs that are yet to be written. The whole impetus of the band has shifted, moved on its axis somewhat to allow more air and light to come in. Ultimately that makes for more exciting, and interesting landscapes of mood, melody and instrumentation."

Sean and superstar19 like this.
  19. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Shame then that they brickwall the digital release. :D

JasonA likes this.
  20. JPJs Bass Guitar

Good interview, thanks for the link.

Interestingly it seems like Juldeh Camara has gone from the band this time around - he was an original member of the Space Shifters but I sometimes felt his presence became quite a 'gimick' when he wasn't an integral part of the song. Enjoyed his playing though.

If Juldeh isn't included, I wonder who will dance with Justin Adams now .... :D

johnny q likes this.
  21. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

22. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

I really like both of these new songs, especially Bones Of Saints.

There is a part of this song that is driving me crazy. It reminds me of some song from the 60s. The part where he is just singing "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no". It's a big part of the hook of the song.
    Maybe an Elvis song? Or something by some mid-60s band? Sound familiar to anyone else?

Anyway, great song. Looking forward to the album.

23. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Bones of Saints is really good.

24. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Oh yes, really like Bones of Saints and your right it does have some kind of older vibe going on...I hope this is only pressed at one plant on vinyl and not with options of one better sounding than the other...

Sorry to deviate from the thread, but Revolver, love the Move album you have posted as your pic, still have my original 45 of Night of Fear I bought in the late 60s when I was 12, unbelievable band!

Revolver likes this.
  25. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

I hope so too. Wonder how the pressing of his last album was. I didn't end up getting it as I couldn't stomach the $40 price tag. It was probably pressed somewhere decent though. He has been having a great resurgence ever since hooking up with Allison Krauss.

That is very cool that you have your original Night Of Fear 45. Such a great single and an amazing band!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.